Christmas Music, Classical Music ~ Austria

Art is not mine.

~--~*~--~

Y/N was surprised they hadn't gotten evicted for all the noise complaints they've gotten.

This makes it sound like Y/N is a loud, annoying person - and they really aren't. They just really, really love blasting their favorite music through the speakers. Who cares what other people think? Y/N didn't see what they were doing as wrong.

It wasn't like Y/N was the only one who did that, either. Their neighbor, whom they had never seen before, played very loud classical music just as often as Y/N played their music. Y/N had hidden respect for their neighbor - not only because they were able to tolerate classical music, but also, they never complained about Y/N's music.

That is, unless their neighbor is secretly the one sending out all those noise complaints.

However, Y/N's apartment was just about to get a whole lot louder, because it was Christmastime. Christmas was Y/N's favorite holiday, and they just loved Christmas music. Christmas music was the reason they had been kicked out of their old apartment, and while Y/n was slightly weary of this, they couldn't help turning up the volume higher and higher.

Currently, Y/N's favorite Christmas CD was playing in the background while they wrapped a few presents. And, while they certainly enjoyed this festive music, it would be even better if the volume was higher.

Higher.

Higher.

Before they knew it, their volume was turned almost all the way up - but it almost seemed like it was getting harder and harder to hear. Something else was playing... something else...

Classical music.

Y/N immediately understood what this was. A competition of who could play the loudest, best music. 

It's on.

Y/N moved their CD to a sound system with louder volume, and as they cranked theirs up, their neighbor's went up, too.

Suddenly, it came to the point where Y/N could no longer turn up the volume, but the classical music was still periodically going up.

Y/N had lost.

They turned off their Christmas music as a 'white flag' of sorts for this fake competition, and went to move the wrapped presents to another room.

As they moved the gifts, they found the classical music almost... soothing. Calming. Y/N glanced at their door.

What better time than Christmas to compliment someone on their tastes?

Y/N walked out of their apartment and hesitantly knocked on their right neighbor's door. There was a bit of shuffling before someone opened the door.

It was a dark brown-haired man with beautiful, mesmerizing violet eyes. Y/N nearly went into a daze before he snapped them out of it.

"Yes?" he asked impatiently.

"Oh, um, well, I just wanted to say I really appreciate your classical music," Y/N said, "It's calming. You have good taste."

The two stood in silence before he asked, "That's all?"

"Hm?"

"That's all you wanted to tell me? That you like my playing?" he repeated.

"Wait," Y/N said, a smile starting to crack on their face, "Playing? That's you?"

The man glanced away embarrassingly.

"Oh my God! That is you! You're so good!" Y/N exclaimed.

"Thanks," he mumbled back.

"No, I mean, really. You should be a famous musician. I would go to all of your performances." Y/N said.

The man then blushed, "You flatter me."

Y/n smirked at the man, their handsome neighbor, "I try. What's your name?"

He was obviously not expecting them to immediately ask who he was, "What?"

"What's your name?" Y/N asked again.

"Err-" he stuttered, a bit unsure,

"Roderich."

~--~*~--~

December 14th.