Christmas Tree ~ America

Art is not mine.

~--~*~--~

Y/N turned in to the parking lot of the Christmas tree shop, getting out of the car and starting to browse. They were looking for something different from last year, as last year's tree was a bit too large and bushy.

Y/N thought it would be easy enough to find a tree to their standards, but it seemed that a lot of the good, smaller- medium sized trees had already been bought. They were beginning to lose hope when they were approached by a handsone young man.

"Hey dude! You look like you need some help - I'll be your hero!"

Y/N couldn't help but smile at his attitide. He seemed so happy, from his voice and speech, to his looks and body language. It almost seemed like he was shining.

"Oh, thank you, I do need some help," Y/N replied, "I can't quite find the kind of tree I'm looking for. Not too bushy, smaller to medium?"

He smiled, "I think I saw one like that on they way over here, follow me!"

Y/N immediately followed him, and he led them to the end of one side of this Christmas tree shop. Pointing to a particular tree, he said, "What about this one?"

Y/N observed the tree for a moment. It was just like they had described to him, and looked pretty healthy. This guy must be good at his job.

"This is what I was looking for... thank you!" Y/N said gratefully. They flicked their eyes to his little name tag, and came to the conclusion that he worked there, "Err, can I buy it now?"

"Sure!" He said, "Let's go to the cash register."

After paying the two went back to the tree and the man helped Y/N cut down the tree, haul ot over to their car, and fasteb it to the top without being asked. He seemed very strong.

"Wow, thank you!" Y/N said when he had finished, blushing a little when they looked directly into his eyes.

"No problem!" He answered, smiling again.

Y/N's face felt like it was on fire when they asked, "Could I.. could I get your number?"

The two went silent for a few seconds and Y/N's mind went racing.

'Oh no! I'm so stupid! Why would I say that?'

The man then said, "Sure dude, let me put it into your phone!"

Y/N was in shock for another split second before hastily pulling out their phone and giving it to him. He typed it in, and handed it back.

"See ya dude! Thanks for buying from us!"

When Y/N got home, they checked their phone to see his contact name.

'Alfred.'

~--~*~--~

December 8th.