Chapter 10

I was walking to my locker by myself as Jake had walked off from the car without me. As I neared the turn I needed to take to get to my locker I heard arguing voices. Now I'm not normally this nosy but I noticed one of the voices as Matt's .

"Lexi, I'm with someone." came Matt's firm voice.

"With who?" a girl spat back.

"Nicole." Matt breathed,

"You can't be with her, she's just a game to you - so fuck her and come back to me." the girl said angrily. Matt groaned.

"She's not a game. And me and you were never together, Lexi." Matt said flatly.

"Whatever. I bet the prude doesn't let you do stuff to her." she said suddenly making her voice disgustingly seductive.

"I love her, Lexi." Matt said. I then heard footsteps walking away. Although I should be totally pissed off that this girl totally just tried to get with my boyfriend, I couldn't be happier at how he refused her. I continued to my locker, passing by a very frustrated Lexi. She glared at me. I smiled nicely at her just because I knew it would cause her more pain. 

When I reached my locker Matt was already there. 

"Hey Nicki." Matt said, smiling. I didn't answer. Instead I put my hands around his neck and pulled him in for a long kiss. When we broke apart Matt was smiling even more.

"What was that about?" he asked.

"Nothing." I should my head. He didn't press the matter further. 

"So how'd it go with you're mom and dad?" he asked.

"Ehh, don't want to talk about it." I said shuffling books into my locker. The second I closed it the bell rang. 

"Bye." I said to Matt starting to turn away.

"Hold up." Matt said, stopping me from walking by putting an arm around my waist and pulling me back to him.

"Yea?"

"What are you doing for lunch?" he asked, smiling.

"Library." I said as if the answer should have been obvious.

"Seriously, you study too much." he said shaking his head with a slight grin.

"How about..." he started, looking deep into my eyes. "You eat lunch with me and my friends."

"Your friends?" I said frowning. His friends were all players. Definitely not accepting of little prudes like me. I started to shake my head.

"Or you can eat with me and Kristen - not in the library?" I hoped.

"Or you can bring Kristen if you want." he smiled. "Don't be so worried my friends will love you." then he frowned.

"Hopefully not too much though or I'll have to hurt them." he added. I lightly punched his stomach and smiled at him.

"It's a date then." he said awaiting my confirmation. I gave in.

"Fineeee!" I stretched out the word, nice and long. He smiled and gave me a peck. Then I went on to class. I couldn't stop thinking about lunch. I do not know how to talk to guys. Especially not hot-guy-player types. Oh my God this is going to be a disaster.

Off to English then! Just to be saddened by my brother's butthead attitude!

"Okay class we have a fun activity today." Mr. Stevens said standing at the front of the room. He desperately searched out faces for a hint of excitement but everyone just looked pretty tired.