It started with a Kiss

30 months later. 

"...Since Jack and Nicola have grown in knowledge and love of one another, and because they have agreed in their desire to go forward in life together, seeking an even richer, deepening relationship, and because they have pledged to meet sorrow and joy as one family, we rejoice to recognize them as Husband and Wife... you may kiss" The vicar smiles happily as Jack turns to his new wife and smiles. 

Jack turns to Nikki and pulls her closer and leans in to kiss her, Nikki replies back with a kiss and their witnesses who are friends and family erupt into applaud. Nikki pulls away from their passionate embrace and rests her forehead on Jacks and smiles, "If he calls me Nicola again I'm going to punch him..." Nikki whispers with a giggle. 

"Alright, Nicola" He chuckles before taking her hand and walking off down the aisle with her. They both head outside and have a few photos taken together, Soon everyone rejoins them outside and congratulate them both. While everyone is outside they take larger group photos. 

Nikki is now stood with her body leaning into Jack as he holds her in a protective embrace, She smiles as Jack's Mum walks towards them. "Thank you so much, Ruth..." Nikki smiles as she holds her arms open and takes a small young blonde girl off her, "Hey baby..." Nikki smiles and kisses her cheek. 

Just over a year after Jack convinced Ruth that he was with Nikki and their whole fake relationship becoming real Nikki gave birth to their pride and joy, a little girl called, Ella Hodgson. 

"Ma!" Ella squeals as she almost throws herself into her Mother's arms from her Grandmother. 
Ella snuggles into Nikki's embrace and rests against her shoulder gazing up at her father. "Was she good?" Nikki questions her new mother-in-law to the behavior of her 15-month-old. 

"Will you stop asking that Nik, she's 15-months-old now 5..." Jack smiles as he wraps his arms back around his wife and daughter. 
"She was golden," Ruth smirks watching Jack and Nikki. 
"You know she can be naughty..." Nikki smiles and rests back against him as more people come to congratulate them. 

Later on that Day, Nikki is sat in the corner of the function room taking a five-minute break from the dance floor. Ella edges across the chairs towards her Mum and grins happily. "Mama!" She smiles happily as she lets go of the chairs and toddles over to her with her arms out to the side for balance.
Nikki smiles warmly and scoops her up onto her lap, "You're such a clever girl," Nikki smiles tearfully as she cuddles and Kisses Ella. 
"Oh lord, what you crying over now? what's this... the sixth time" Jack questions as he walks over to her with a glass of wine in one hand and a pint of beer in the other. He hands her the glass of wine and smiles before sitting beside her. 

She wipes her eyes carefully not to smudge the eyeliner. "Sudden realization of these past two years" Nikki smiles still rather tearful. 
"Yes, they have been rather a massive whirlwind" Jack smiles. 

Nikki cuddles her daughter close and plants a kiss on her head, "She's still the best thing to happen to us" She mumbles and Jack nods before place his arm around her body and pulling her into his side and holding her close. 

"Aww bless look at them" Clarissa smiles as she and Thomas head in the direction of Nikki and Jack. 
"Looks like the day has caught up with someone" Thomas adds looking down at Ella fast asleep on Nikki. 
"She must be tired, she hardly ever falls asleep in strange places" Nikki chuckles as she continues to speak with her colleagues.