At the Beginning

later that day in the evening everyone has gone back home and Jack, Nikki, Ruth, Connor, and Victoria have gone back to his Mum's for dinner. Currently, Nikki and Jack are sat in the lounge watching a film while Connor has gone out to take the three dogs for a while and, Victoria and Ruth are cooking the dinner. 

Jack and Nikki are sat on the same chair and Nikki is sat slightly against him with a blanket wrapped around her body, "I've never seen this film" Jack admits while Nikki sits engrossed in the film. 

"You seriously haven't lived, I love Pretty Woman," Nikki exclaims happily.
Jack smirks and carries on watching the film, "Nik? do you ever think you will find 'the one' and settle down?" He questions still with his eyes fixed on the TV.

Nikki thinks for a moment and laughs slightly, "God knows, I mean I think I scare people off when I mention that I work in a mortuary and I cut up dead people for a living... not very attractive" She replies happily. 

Jack chuckles to himself knowing that she was far better than what she just described, "You know you shouldn't put yourself down, I'm sure there will be some dashing young man out there who will take your fancy" He smirks. 

She laughs and rolls her eyes before turning to look at him, "And who would put up with me, anyway my time is running out for a family, I'm going to be a crazy old woman holding a rusty scalpel sooner or later" She replies to him. 

"Y-y-you want a family?" Jack says choking on air slightly.
"Of course, I mean my main priority is work but I wouldn't mind a child, but It won't happen, I love my work too much" She replies. 

Jack chuckles and rolls his eyes and Nikki, Jack goes quiet for a while as he is watching the film and is enjoying it. "Do you want kids?" Nikki asks slightly absentmindedly.
"Erm, yes but it's finding the right person, they have to be perfect, Mrs. right" He replies as he glances down at his phone and notices a few emails from Clarissa regarding a case. 

Nikki smiles at his reply and looks back at the TV, Jack moves his arm and places it around Nikki. "Alright there?" She chuckles noticing him moving his arm behind her. 
"Need to stretch" He smiles with his eyes fixed on the TV. 
"See I would love to look like her, she is so pretty," Nikki says with a sigh as she is envious over the characters pretty looks. 

He looks at her in shock and rolls his eyes in disagreement, "You're stunning, stop putting yourself down, by god Nikki you're one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen," Jack replies without thinking, he then throws his hand to his mouth in shock and tries his hardest not to look at Nikki who is now looking at him in shock. "Sorry... I didn't..." He stutters and flushes bright red. 

"Really?" She smirks pushing him on a bit showing that she isn't scared off by him calling her ' the most beautiful woman he's ever seen', she smiles and waits for an answer off him. 

He hesitates but soon replies to her, "Of course. Way out of my league."
Nikki giggles and rolls her eyes, "Oh is that so?" She chuckles and punches his arm playfully. 

They both go silent for a moment before Jack picks up some courage, "I love you" He comes out with quickly hoping she didn't catch the words that came out his mouth so quickly. 

"What?" She breathes hoping she was hearing things. 
"Nothing, really it was nothing" Jack panics thinking Nikki is about to kick off at him. 
"No, tell me what you just said!" She demands. 

Jack gives in to her and breathes before repeating himself, "I said... I love you" He replies and then looks at her. 
"Good" She giggles and turns back to the TV, leaving Jack starring at her open-mouthed like a gormless fish.

He touches her elbow and she turns back to look at him not saying anything at all, "I do mean it Nikki, You're so beautiful... I do love you..." He says and decides to take a leap of faith, he gently touches Nikki's chin and nudges it up slightly before leaning forwards so they're inches away from touching, so much so that Nikki can feel him breathing against her. 

Nikki smiles slightly as their lips graze each other every so softly, she giggles and waits for Jack to kiss her back, which he does, Jack instantly starts to kiss her back and kisses her so passionately almost like his life depended on it. 

They soon pull away from the kiss almost struggling to part themselves, six years of pent-up sexual frustration came out in a more subtle way. He sits there with their foreheads resting against each other and all Nikki does is giggle at him happily, as they continue to hold each other and kiss a little bit more.