Chapter 7: Secrets Revealed

Albus and the others weren’t visible.

Albus had taken the Cloak of Invisibility out of his brother’s trunk as it was very late and they didn’t want to be caught.

“You know, I really want to know more about my father’s adventures. He’s only spoke about it like, twice, to Uncle Ron.” Albus said.

Quinn whispered: “Well, we don’t have a way of finding out anything except for the library, do we?”

Albus shook his head and whispered: “I know, but in the library’s only mentioned that he got rid of You-Know-Who, not how. I just need to know more. We could ask Severus!”

He ran towards the corridor they had seen Severus before, and saw the barman. Luckily, Severus was there already.

“Severus!” The man spun around.

“Hello Albus, what brings you here?”

Albus said: “There’s so much I don’t know about my father because he doesn’t want to tell me. Do you know it?”

Severus shrugged. “I know parts of it.” He said, and Albus asked: “Would you like to tell me?”

Severus nodded. “It all started with a prophecy. That is a prediction of the future. The person to have made the prophecy was a professor. She was asking for a job, here at Hogwarts. I overheard a part of the prophecy, and I told the Dark Lord. Don’t be mad now, I’m dead already."

He told the entire story of Harry Potter, shortened to all he knew, and what was important. Severus could not, however, tell the end, as by then he was dead. Besides, he didn’t know everything. He could only tell about him at Hogwarts, and things he heard from Dumbledore, as they were friends. When he was done, it was morning already, but Tyler, Quinn and Albus were still listening with full attention.

“Then, I gave him my memories, and after that, I died.” Albus beamed at him.

“You were a hero.” He whispered, and Severus turned away.

“I feel bad, for turning to the Dark Arts, if I hadn’t told the Dark Lord I –” but Albus interrupted him: “Then I wouldn’t have lived. Then Lily would still be married to James, then that very Lord would still kill. You can’t change the past, Severus. To me, you are a hero, to my father, you are the bravest man he’s ever known.” Severus smiled through his cries, and Quinn and Tyler were still silent.

“I’m hungry Albus, let’s go to the kitchens and ask Micky for some food, it’s really late already.” Quinn croaked, and Albus jumped up.

“Thank you, Severus. I’m proud to have your name.” he then hurried after Tyler and Quinn, his stomach rumbling.

***

Later that morning Albus was really tired. Luckily, it was a Sunday, so they didn’t have class.

“Let’s go to the kitchens.” Tyler suggested.

Albus disagreed: “We can’t. We have to work on our essays, practical homework, learn work, and Mrs Chubbs’ presentation on Fire Crabs.”

Tyler sighed. “Let’s go to the Library then.”

Quinn nodded and they went to get their stuff. When they entered the Library, Rose was sitting in a corner, and Albus said: “Hi.”

Rose looked up, and smiled. “Hey Al. Are we friends again?” she asked, and Albus said: “No,” Rose looked sad.

“We’re not friends. We’re cousins.” He said, smiling. Rose smiled, and then looked at Albus’ work.