(Next book) Chapter 1: End of Holidays

*Albus' Point of View!*

Albus put down the now battered and tatty book from his first year about Hogwarts and opened the window of his room to let his owl, Sniffles, in. The writing on the letter obviously was Quinn's, Albus' best friend.

Hey Al!

Tyler and I will arrive the first of August. We'll see you!

Quinn.

Albus looked at his calendar. 1st of August. The bell rang, and Albus jumped across the so-called Weasley Kids Corridor.

He stopped at Victoire and Teddy's old room, and remembered Christmas when he was in first year. He had walked past and had heard 'weird noises', even though now it was obvious they were... enjoying themselves.

 He walked on to the door when his cousins, Fred and George ran past to open it.

"QUINN!" they chorused, and Fred hugged Quinn. Albus felt very strange and angry, even though he didn't quite get that.

"Hey Fred, James, Albus, how was your summer?"

"Fine. Better now" said Fred, and Quinn smiled. Fred spoke again, but Albus didn't hear.

"Oy! I'm here too!" said Tyler suddenly, and Albus moved to hug him too.

"Good to see you too, Tyler" he said. "Quinn, want to come in?"

"Well, Fred just said he wanted to play Quidditch. And I accepted. Sorry Al, later perhaps."

"But-" started Albus, but Tyler interrupted. "Let's just go, Al, I don't s'pose she'll want to come with us."

***

"They're so annoying! I invited you guys and then they just take her to-" Albus started once they were in his room.

"I have some good news for you. I heard from Cordelia Goldstein, my dearest girlfriend, that we will be learning Apparition this year." he said, smiling.

"I know." said Albus, and then he heard screams come from outside. He looked out of his window and saw Quinn laying face up on the Quidditch pitch, her broom next to her, Fred and James running to her. He ran out of the door (Tyler following him) and yanked open the door, and he hurried to the pitch.

"QUINN!" he yelled, and he kneeled down over her.

"Hi Al." she said, as if falling from your broom was the most casual thing ever. Of course, she had fallen more often, yet still. People came running out of the house after the scream.

"What happened?" yelled Lily, Albus' little sister.

"Quinn fell" said Fred, his eyes watery.

"It's okay Freddie" said George, and he hugged his son.

"Hannah! Dear!" yelled Neville, as his wife was a Healer. The blond woman came running out of the Burrow too, followed by her five year old daughter, Violet Alice Longbottom.

"What is it?" she yelled, and took out her medicin bag. She whipped out her wand and muttered things.

"Can anyone carry her inside?" she asked, and Fred immediately took her in his arms. Albus sighed. He wanted to do it. Fred was stealing his best friend. Again.

***

"She'll be alright." said Hannah, and Fred sighed happily. He had been sitting next to her the entire time, holding her hand. It made Albus annoyed, a little angry and a feeling he could not describe.

"So then I can talk to her upstairs?" he asked, but Hannah shook her head.

"No. I'm very sorry dear, but she needs rest."