Chapter 10: The Diary

“So, what happened?” asked Quinn, an hour later.

“Rose found this book,” Albus told her about it, and Rose said: “So, we need the place to read.”

The rumbling was there, and the door appeared.

“Okay Rose, you’re the best at finding books, good luck” said Tyler, dropping himself on the beanbags that were placed down.

“Help would be appreciated.” Mumbled Rose, and Albus looked around, scanning spines of books, while Quinn was hurrying through the books more at the top.

“Ahh.. ” said Tyler, and he closed his eyes. “Good luck” he mumbled, before the room was filled with snoring.

Albus rolled his eyes, when Rose gave a yelp of excitement. “This might be it! The history of the founders of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry” she said, and Albus ran her way.

“Tell us. TYLER!” Tyler jumped up, and said: “WHAT!"

Albus rolled his eyes and waited for Rose scanning the register. “here, Rowena Ravenclaw’s husband.” She said, and went to page three hundred and ninety three. Albus read over her shoulder.

Rowena Ravenclaw is known to have had a few husbands. Her first husband, Jonathan Jackson, her second husband Marc Madison, the last, Edward James Cullen.

Albus sighed. “Nope. Go on. Help us Tyler.”

Tyler grunted but got up to search with them, when Rose asked: “How’s Scorpius doing?”

Albus answered: “Fine. He’s currently in the Hospital Wing with Wizard Flu.”

Rose sighed and Quinn said: “No way, was it Malfoy who puked all over Jones?”

Albus laughed, and said: “Yup. Turns out he’s nice after all. Not a talker though.” Tyler gasped, then sighed again, and they all did similar a few times.

***

After a long time they got hungry and went to the Great Hall for some late Lunch (Lunch would always be until four PM) and then Quinn said: “Go back tonight?” the three nodded.

***

That evening they still didn’t find anything. Tyler offered to give up, but Rose insisted on searching one more time next day. The next weekend they still hadn’t found anything.

***

Scorpius was back on his feet a week later, and came over to Albus when the four were walking along the corridor to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom.

“Hey, thanks for bringing me to the Hospital Wing the other day Albus, really thanks.” He said, in a very polite voice. Albus smiled at him.

“My pleasure.” He said, and Scorpius walked with them.

“I have DADA now too.” Albus looked at him, and Scorpius continued: “Hey, has one of you found a painting with Severus Snape? My dad asked me to tell him something if I found him.”

Albus stopped and looked at him.

“What?” said Scorpius, and Albus said: “I know where, I’ll bring you later.” And walked on. Why would he need Severus?

***

“Alright dears, today I will be learning you a very useful spell, the freezing Charm. I know it's a charm actually, but it is handy in defending yourself. It’s incantation is Immobulus, and make sure you get the right wrist movement with your wand. Alright, all of you, try it. Make duo’s!” said Professor Chubbs during their DADA lesson.