Crimson Trance (ch. 3)

We were extremely close again, our breaths warm against each other. "What?" I asked sharply, looking him in his brownish-red eyes. "What is your relationship with my young master?" he asked sharply.

Was that what the demon wanted to know? I smirked, "Is that it? Why don't you ask the young master himself? Or is it you've already done that and he denied you?"

When he didn't answer I scoffed, "thought so," I shifted to leave but Sebastian pushed me roughly back against the wall, if there were traces of playfulness before, they were gone now. I cringe from the pain exerted on my wrists and he asked, "Who are you?"

This was a question I didn't want to answer, or more, something I didn't have a proper answer to. Well, out the window with my preparation. I looked away and sent a message to Grell, 'Grell, a little help would do good about now. Come into the kitchen!.... Now would actually be a nice time '

I turned back to Sebastian, locking my jaw, "Let go of me." He had a glimmer of victory in the back of his eyes. Sebastian squeezed tighter, "I see. If you weren't someone to be suspicious of, you would have nothing to hide,"

"It's not proper for a butler to be interrogating like this in the first place!" I argued.

He smiled proudly and said, "If a Phantomhive butler couldn't do this much he isn't worth his salt," I tried to jerk away but it only added to the pressure on my wrists. In pain and frustrated, I scoffed, "If you're really worth any salt you'd know who I was already!"

I knew it wasn't smart to talk to a demon butler like that but he needed to hear it- if he didn't need to hear it, then I needed to say it. Demons were despicable. I cried out as my wrist were squeezed even harder and my knees buckled.

Suddenly the door opened and Grell in a baby blue fluffy dress. He looked at the image before him and cleared his throat. "Oh....." he looked between us and then he said, "Oh! Please! I cannot be forgiven!" he took a nearby kitchen knife, preparing to plunge his ever beating immortal heart, "I must end my life!"

Sebastian, seeming to have no desire to clean it up, sighed and released his grip on me. "Must I remind you to do it outside?" He asked. Grell looked at him with sparkling eyes.

'Thank you so much Grell,' I sent him. He didn't show it but in his message I could tell he was smirking, 'just remember Sebas-chan is mine,'

I rubbed my wrists and glanced at Sebastian. From the corner of my eyes, I felt the hate radiate off of his glare. Well, buddy, the feelings mutual. I turned around and walked out, dragging Grell with me. Didn't know what Grell would say to Sebastian when I wasn't around, and didn't want to risk it.

I let out a long slow breath, 'What's his problem?' I sent Grell. Grell said, 'I know! He doesn't even recognize beauty when he sees it!' I laugh and hug him.

Grell pushed me away and said, "What! I'm not even kidding!" he said out loud, probably louder than he wanted. We stood there looking around for people who probably heard and when no one came I let out a breath.

'I'm taking you back to Will when you fail your task,' I said. Grell smugly said, 'haven't failed yet,' I turned the corner planning on taking him around the house but he went the opposite way.

I pointed and said, "downstairs is this way, isn't it?" I looked over there and I could have sworn that it was this way.

"Nope, we're aiming to go this way," Grell insisted. I shrugged, "We're aiming to get you a red dress are we not?"

Just in case someone was listening Grell sent me, 'The little brat took the beautiful dress for herself...' I guess he was talking about Lizzy...I looked at him and his tied back brown hair and spectacles.