Crimson Trance (ch. 19)

She had walked in with a black one piece.

The bust being a tight corset like contraption and almost like a swimming suit if not for the sheer black draping on her hip, covering her legs, a slit showing her bare left leg.

A pair of black heels, a choker with sheer material connecting to the sweetheart neckline of the corset that went way down down, baring her smooth slender and pale back. A small hat with feathers decorated her head. A pair of mismatched gloves that came up to her wrist.

One sheer and the other solid.

Gwen's red hair accented it like a silk curtain.

Her eyes were shining yellowish green stars with joy and passion that almost made me envious of her. Her lips, a haunting shade of smooth red velvet. Makeup dotted her alabaster skin with three diamonds gracing the top of her left cheek.

Every movement of hers was like a dance as she lifted the tiger like magic and even the ringleader's gave an impressed lopsided smile.

At the end as the creatures of beauty started to exit, I studied the way the big cats went up to her fondly and she looked up at us.

"So this was her big mission," Ciel said, "We can inform her later of our achievement,"

Ah, if it wasn't for her getting chocolate on the spices, I never would have thought of the idea.

I watched her graceful movements sweep her away from sight. As soon as they left, the crowd applauded loudly in her amazing contact with the large cats.

"Such a showy article for a mother of any kind," Ciel said with disdain. I then began to notice that in the wake of the crimson beauty, many of the audience bent over for a longing glance at her.

The beauty of her Shinigami form was sharp and noticeable. Perfect for the performance in a circus.

"You are correct, my lord, but alas, it is a circus," I said.

Then noticing the fact that they had asked for a volunteer as Gwen and Beast came back out, I saw her lead a large tiger.

"Any volunteer!" Joker had called out. I stood up, entranced by the large cat and the worldly being next to it.

Ciel was about to get up as he said, "This was a waste, there are no signs of kidnapped children, I guess we won't be seeing Gwennie,"

Letting him slip that nickname for her, I was mesmerized by the two creatures of innocent beauty.

I stood up and Joker pointed at me. "You! That really distinguished looking man in the tailcoat! Step on down!"

I saw Gwen's laughter hidden behind a delicate hand and looked up at Joker. Something new and different tugged inside my stomach at the sight of them getting along but I ignored the hated feeling as I walked down.

I watched as she exchanged jokes with the so called Joker. Beast stood there in a rather upset disposition but it was hardly recognizable to others. She said something as if to point out their unprofessionalism.

"If now you could," Joker said but I walked straight to the cat and could sense Gwen's amused expression.

As I pet the cat, I started complimenting him. "Such wonderful round eyes you have,"

Gwen started giggling while Beast and Joker stared in shock.

Then the tiger bit me. All the while, Gwen's laughter grew, sounding rather lovely against the screams of the crowd, befitting a shinigami. She sounded more impresssed than amused.