Crimson Trance (ch. 15)

~Gwen's Pov~

I walked in to sew Lau sitting in a chair, Ciel sitting up and Sebastian pouring tea.

"Are you suspecting those two?" I asked Ciel, seeing as the front cover was about another strike, "You already know they've been mysterious right from the get go,"

"I know, why haven't we have them checked yet?" Ciel said.

"Well, I remember something about a little someone who said, something of how they were the hands behind the moves? Sounds awfully familiar does it not?"

"I know," Ciel muttered.

"Well, my time to leave is drawing near, let's get this over with then shall we?" I said.

~

"We've been in the freezing cold for hours," Ciel said.

"Yes, and all they seem to be doing is searching for that person," Lau said.

I wrapped Ciel with my cloak, "Well, we'll have to return to the house soon now, right? It's a good possibility that they are returning soon,"

Ciel clutched the jacket tightly and without any delay, he said, "Yeah, Sebastian fix us some tea when we get back,"

"I'll be back soon," I told Ciel, "It's just for a little while,"

He looked at me hesitantly, last time he saw me go, I turned his door to the entrance of Hell.

"Don't worry, I'm fine, I can take care of myself," I said.

Turning around, I walked away. Looking in my peripheral, I spotted two thugs.

Watching from far away as they snuck stealthily, I saw a window shutter break from above them, they moved out of the way, pushing each other.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Tagging them," Will said as if it were obvious, "What does it look like?"

"Well," I said, "How many times have they cheated death?"

"Around 38 times," Will recited.

"This has to stop," I said.

"Oh? We didn't want to interrupt your break, in fact, no one suggested it, they were....frightened, after your mild display with Grell,"

"The penalty for cheating death multiple times is an encounter with a shinigami. Death yearns for it's villain to be disposed of," I said.

"Well," I said, "If everyone's afraid, I'll do it,"

"Well, it was expected once you find out," William said.

I smiled at him and said, "Hey, that job I'm assigned, it's a piece of cake, this should also be nothing,"

"I'll accompany you," he said.

"Well, no time to dilly-dally," I said, pulling out a sickle.

"Really, you do take after him," Will sighed.

"I rather like to say it's a compliment to him, not that I take after him," I grudgingly said.

Going after them, I noticed a change in the atmosphere.

Turning around, I was pushed to the ground by a sword, my weapon immediately guarding me in a shield-like shape.

"Aha," I said forcefully, my breath still not caught from the fall to the ground, "Not just any old person are you?"

"Person?" He said, "I'm no ordinary person. I'm a demon!"

"Figures. Only demons can cheat death this much," I said nonchalantly.