Crimson Trance (ch. 17)

"Ugh, please! No more curry!" the three servants complained.

"Don't eat too fast," I ordered them.

"Here is another one," Sebastian announced carrying another round of curry to us.

I giggled softly and said, "Sebastian, ease up on the servants and try harder, how many could you possibly make before you find the right combination?"

"The possibilities are endless, Gwen," Soma said, leaning back with a bloated stomach.

"I am aware of that but I was also aware that we are talking about Sebastian here," I said, turning to look at Sebastian, "I understand though, even if he were to find the right combination of spices to par with Agni's will he be able to beat him in the tournament?"

"Wait!" Soma said, "This one is very close to Agni's!"

Sebastian and I looked at each other before he looked back at Soma, "What do you mean....very close?"

"It's just like his but.....with something much deeper, something....substance! There isn't a deep enough substance," Soma explained vaguely.

Making eye contact again, I creased my eyebrows. Substance....What could it be? Such a vague explanation.....

"We'll see what comes of the next one," I shrugged, "This butler must be able to do that much, correct?"

"Please wait, and have faith in the next one, My lady," Sebastian made eye contact with me through the whole bow. I smiled, "Let us see your efforts, Sebastian, and see if you are worth your salt,"

Turning around Sebastian left to make another round of curry.

"Putting pressure on Sebastian, now are we?" Ciel came. I smiled and said, "I apologize, he's you're butler isn't he? It's just so fun to toy around with him. No matter what, he always keeps that polite face on,"

"It's fine, do as you wish," He said, leaning against the door.

"Young master, what are you doing down here?" Sebastian asked, coming out of the kitchen.

"Oh, nothing, just seeing how faithfully you've devoted yourself to this research," Ciel said, "I'll be having my snack, bring me gateau chocolate,"

Leaving, I glanced back at Sebastian with a smile, poorly suppressed.

"He's just the most precious thing isn't he?" I asked.

"Precious," Sebastian repeated.

Giving a chuckle, I shook my head, "This is why I love to stick around you two,"

"So you won't be doing anything dangerous?" He asked.

"Other than making Ciel that chocolate gateau, I hope not," I said, being reminded that sooner or later, Sebastian would have to face me. Not in one of our usual fashion, but in action.

I stood up and put my napkin down.

"Here," I said, "just focus on your little curry making skills, I'll see what I can do with dessert,"

"I couldn't possibly let you do my job for me, my lady," Sebastian said as I passed him.

"It's not your job, it's just a treat for Ciel. A gift from mother to son," I said, tying an apron around my back and tying my hair in a messy bun, then turning and winking at him, I said, "Maybe this time, you can ask permission before finishing it for me,"

"Such a bossy young master I have," Sebastian sighed. I smiled and shrugged, "It's obvious he's busy,"

"Busy being entertained by fruitless attempts," Sebastian pointed out.