Chapter Fourteen

Alex, Henry, and Emma had ran to go find Snow and Charming. The young girl was ecstatic to find the couple, seeing as they had taken her in upon her return from Neverland.

"Now? Now I find my daughter." They heard, and Emma, who had been standing behind them, spoke up.

"So, it's true." Mary Margaret ran to her, cupping her face before hugging her. Emma did not return the gesture, which caused Alex to furrow her eyebrows.

"You found us." Snow said as Charming joined in on the hug. Eventually, they pulled away, and Henry turned to look at them.

"Grandpa?" Henry asked Charming, causing him to nod.

"Yeah, kid. I suppose so." He said, hugging him before his eyes landed on Alex.

"Elaina." He gasped, causing Snow to turn towards the girl as the couple yanked her into a hug, gripping her so tightly that they must have thought she was going to disappear if they let go.

"How many times have I told you to call me Laney?" The girl said with a teasing grin.

"She did it." Henry interrupted, referring to Emma. "She saved you."

"She saved all of us." Snow said with an impressed smile.

"I... Well... " Emma stuttered.

"Uh, then why are we still here?" Leroy asked.

David sighed. "That, my friend, is an excellent question."

"What was that smoke?" One of the dwarves asked, causing the crowd to mutter the same question.

"Magic. It's here. I can feel it." Alex spoke up, and another voice cut in.

"Elaina is right. It's magic." Mother Superior. Otherwise known as The Blue Fairy.

"Magic?" Henry questioned. "In Storybrooke? You're the Blue Fairy. Do something magical."

"It's not quite that simple, Henry. No wand, no fairy dust... Matters are complicated, now." She said, sighing.

"I-I can try," Alex piped up nervously. She knew that she would have to try eventually.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? You just got your memory back... It's been thirty years, Laney." Snow said worriedly.

Alex turned to her. "I'll need to at some point. Might as well test the limits." The girl focused, holding her palm out and concentrating. A flame flickered on her palm, growing instantly before subsiding in less than a second, causing the girl to collapse, David catching her.

"Kid, are you ok?" Emma asked.

"I-I'm fine... Just a little drained. I think... magic is different here... Besides, it's been longer than it feels. It doesn't come easily anymore." Alex said, a disappointed look in her eyes. She reassured Charming that she was alright, and stood up, Henry clasping her hand.

"Let's go to the person responsible for bringing it – the Queen," Leroy suggested.

"No, wait," Emma said, shaking her head. "It wasn't Regina."

★★★

"Henry?" Alex asked, turning to the boy she was walking hand in hand with.

"Yeah?"

"Do you still want to be friends?" She asked as he turned to look her in the eyes.

"Why would you ask that?" He asked, stunned.

"I've done things, Henry. I've done horrible things. Why would you want to be friends with the daughter of a villain? Especially when the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

He turned to her. "All that was in the past. This is the present. You're not like that anymore..."

"Yeah but... What if I go back to the way I used to be... What if something happens?"

"Nothing will happen, Lexa. You're overthinking..." He said reassuringly, looking her in the eyes.

"There you are." The two heard turning to pay attention to the adults. It was Archie. "Come with me. I need your help. Dr. Whale's whipped everyone into a frenzy. They're going to Regina's house. They're going to kill her!" Henry gasped, and Alex's grasp on his hand tightened.

Leroy snickered. "Great, let's watch."

"No. No, we cannot stoop to her level. No matter who she is or what she's done, killing her is wrong."

Henry nodded. "He's right. Please. She's still my mom."

"We have to stop them." Alex said. Sure, she loathed the queen, but she wouldn't do that to Henry.

"If the Blue Fairy is right and magic is here, Regina could have her powers back. They'll be marching into a slaughter. "

★★★

Thankfully, nothing happened, and they were able to take Regina to the station peacefully. As it turned out, Regina was as powerless as Alex, if not more. The group had talked to Regina before the adults shipped Alex and Henry off with Ruby. Things went peacefully... that is until Alex got a bad feeling.

It was a familiar feeling, a feeling that something bad was about to happen. Sure enough, when they entered Regina's house, the Evil Queen had Charming thrown against a wall.

"Mom?" Henry questioned, as Alex's sword appeared in her hand, seemingly out of nowhere. 

"Henry, what are you doing here?" Regina questioned, stepping towards Henry as Alex gripped her sword.

"What are you doing?" Henry asked in shock.

"It's okay. You're safe now." She said, making the vines disappear and David fall to the ground, Ruby running over to help him. Alex stepped closer to Henry, snatching his hand.

"W-Where's my mom and where's-"

"They're gone. They fell through a portal. They're... Henry, I'm sorry."

"No, you're not." Henry accused bitterly. "You really are the Evil Queen. I don't want to see you again."

"No, don't say that. I love you."

"Then, prove it. Get Emma and Mary Margaret back. And until then, leave me – leave everyone – alone."

"But where will you go?"

"With us." Alex and David said at the same time, sending each other a small smile. Then, the four walked out of the house, leaving Regina alone.