Ten - Baby I'm Yours

Jenna's P.O.V

If I had an app to check how many times I had checked my phone on Saturday, I would be terrified to check it. 

Through the whole day, I continually got texts from Tay saying things like 'hope you're having fun, I'm not.' 'call me when you can. okay? just so i know you're doing okay' 'sam is making me go shopping with her. shoot me' and other cute little messages that made my heart flutter. I hadn't been able to find the time to actually text her back, and had barely founf the time to even check them. More often than not, I had snuck glances and sweet smiles while at the dinner table so I could check on Tay while suffering through pointless family chatter. 

 "Jenna, dear. What are you doing?" My grandmother asked, turning away from the conversation concerning my cousin and the trouble he's been in and turned towards me checking my phone for the umpteenth time this meal.

I honestly had no idea what to say and I could feel the red rising on my cheeks. Other than a select few cousins and a crazy aunt, the entire table had turned to look at me, awaiting whatever my answer was going to be. I guess if what was going on was good enough for my grandma to question what was going on, other people were curious as well. 

 "A..um..friend." I said, almost immediately shutting my phone off so the messages with Tay saying she misses me weren't on full display anymore. I suppose the name for her in my phone wasn't going to help much as I had 'accidentally' entered her as 'cutie' in my phone. Total accident.

"She's talking to her boyfriend." My cousin teased, finally turning from his dorky conversation of the newest comic book. 

"Shut up." I snapped, sticking my phone in my pocket again so that I could still feel the vibrations every time that Tay texted me, I just couldn't check it like I wanted to. 

My grandma nodded as if she knew something we didn't and turned back to the table conversation. I just hoped her giving up the conversation meant that she wasn't going to bring it up again, and just dismissed my cousin as being an idiot. I mean, Tay isn't my boyfriend, so it wasn't a lie exactly. It's not like I don't wish we could be something like that. The messages weren't exactly helping me either.

------

"Jenna, come here and tell me goodbye." My grandmother instructed from the foyer, interrupting my conversation with my dad who was one of the only people I could stand in this entire place for more than a few minutes. 

I snuck away from my dad with my dad giving me an almost apologetic look and walked up to my small grandma. I'm surprised she hadn't caused all of my family to be as small as she is, or even smaller if that was possible.

"Look, I don't know who you were talking to," I was going to interrupt her and tell her that it was just a friend, but she held up a hand to stop me. "but I do know that face you get every time you check your phone and when you were asked about it. So, right now I want you to listen to your old crazy grandma. Go for it. Don't lose whatever it is you have with this person and make the first move."

I had no idea what to say to her, so I just smiled and nodded before leaning down and hugging her as she kissed me cheek before nodding her head and walking out of the house. 

Taking a deep breath, I pulled at the hem of my shirt and started to wiggle a little as I wanted to grab my phone and ditch the party to see Tay, but I had made a promise to stick out the day here. Biting my lip, I remembered my grandma and finally grabbed my phone. 

'are you at home? i'm coming over.' I sent the message with a moments hesitation and held onto my phone in my hand, checking around me to make sure that no one was around to see the encounter over text and how nervous it was currently making me. Almost everyone had regrouped into the living room to watch some sports game I couldn't careless about. My uncle had introduced my cousins to American football and, needless to say, they had fallen in love with it. I never understood why.

When I felt the usual two buzzes, I immediately looked down at it to see what she had said. I wasn't expecting anything elaborate from Tay seeing as other than today it was hard to get more than two words out of her over text. So when I say she had only texted back an 'okay' I couldn't help but smile at her. I guess the almost poems she had been sending me were now over and I didn't mind. 

Nodding, I opened the door and slipped out, closing it as quietly as I could so as to not alert the guys that someone else was leaving after Grandma without saying a million goodbyes. I heard a massive 'yeah' from the living room which just assured me that they were going to be too wrapped up in their game to notice that I had left. I even heard my dad's voice mixed in the chorus. 

The first thing I had noticed when we got to my Aunt's house was how close it was to where Tay lived. I was really happy about this seeing as I had left my wallet inside so the bus was out and it would be suspicious if I needed to borrow someone's car. Walking was one of my least favorite things, something I had probably inherited from hanging around Tay so long. I remembered my objective though and eventually made it over there. 

She already knew I was coming over, but I was still terrified to knock on the door. I had never gotten this nervous over just meeting up with Tay. Of course I had never run away from a party to meet a girl and I had never told anyone what I was about to tell her, so all of it was kind of a new experience and so far I wasn't really enjoying it. 

I finally took a deep breath and knocked on the door, the chipped paint distracting me for a millisecond before Tay opened the door so quickly it was like she had been waiting at the door for me.

"Hey, Jenna. I thought you were going to be at a party all day?" She asked sweetly. I had hoped to say the first thing, but she had jumped to it and had spoken first instead of giving me the chance. 

There was only one other thing I could think to do since I hadn't gotten out my whole speech out that I had thought of on my way here, I had to go to plan B which I had hoped to go to after the speech. Without any hesitation, because if I thought about it too much, I wasn't going to be able to do it. I grabbed her face and connected it with mine. I didn't feel her tense up with was good, but most of the time it seemed that Tay was tense all of the time. 

I couldn't see shock, or even any surprise in her face once I pulled away. If anything she looked calmer than she normally is. "So, is that why you ditched your party?" She asked giggling. 

------

Longer than normal chapter, yay! I figured ten chapters in, it was good to finally do this. Also, ten chapters! 
Anyways, as always, thanks for reading!