Fifteen - May Only Death Do Us Part

Jenna's Point Of View

On Saturday we left. Some guy Tay knew was driving so that both of us were lounging in the back together as the road continued to bump us into each other. I'm sure Tay had introduced me to the guy, maybe her brother or something, but I had soon forgotten and he was just another stranger to me.

"Jenna are you listening?" Tay asked looking at me and smiled, getting bumped into me again with yet another pot hole in the road.

I made a humming noise as I looked at her, only making it more obvious that I had been zoned out of whatever story it was she had been telling me. Typically it wasn't important anyways as it was just some childhood story she had or something. They were cute, but she tended to repeat them so I usually zoned off regardless of if I had actually heard the story or not.

"I was just saying that we're going to stop to get some food, so what do you want?" She asked smiling, the happiness of what we were doing obvious on her face every time I looked at her. It only just made me happy too.

"I'm craving donuts, but as that seems impractical, anything is fine." I said looking at her as I laid down on the large mattress that took up pretty much the whole back of the van. 

It was large enough that I could stand in it if I ever got tired, but I hadn't actually done it while on road as I was sure that I was going to hit my head on something when we hit the next bump. I had tried to time that at one point, but it just proved inconsistent.

"Sweet. Dairy Queen it is." I heard the guy from the front of the bus yell happily, thrusting his fist into the air with excitement that only made Tay groan.

"Why couldn't you have just picked." She pouted, but soon her glowing smile returned to her face as she snuggled into me for the rest of the ride there.

---------

When we finally got to the restaurant, I was so relieved to climb out the back and stretch my legs. I must have let out a groan of enjoyment considering I heard Tay look at me and laugh as she shut the two back double doors and locked them.

"Don't laugh at me, Jardine." I threatened, jabbing my finger into her stomach. Both of us knew I wouldn't ever do anything to her, but to any one who may have been passing and heard, I made it as believable sounding as possible so no one other than us two would know how much of a wimp I really am. 

"Oh, man, you better watch out, Tay." The boy jabbed Tay with his elbow, almost sending a wave of jealousy over me that I masked with an obvious fake smile and a turn on my heel. I was fairly certain the boy had indeed been introduced as her brother so I doubt anything was going on between them.

Tay had even sounded so disappointed when I wouldn't go with her and any moment it was just the two of us she acted like the sweetest girl. I doubt I would be cheated on so nicely and that the other person would be brought on this trip with us.

My beliefs were settled when Tay finished her laughing and walked over to connect our fingers with each other. I almost felt a sense of pride with it because anybody walking by would know that Tay is mine and I am hers and that is just how I like it to be. 

---------

I wasn't actually hungry when we walked in, but I waited in line with Tay anyways. Most of this was because of her still holding onto my hand. I had originally set off to find us a table in the crowded restaurant, but I was stopped suddenly with her tugging at my arm.

I did end up skipping on ordering anything, having found nothing on the menu that had actually sounded even half way appealing, even after a long stern talk about how it was going to be awhile before we stopped for more food. In the end she ordered something to go for me.

In the end, we had to wait until a table opened up because I hadn't been able to get to the table I had my eye on earlier in time because of Tay. When we finally got a table, one we could all just barely fit into, they continued to complain that the food was now cold and half of the their ice cream was just liquid.

"Probably should have just let me get us a table." I said in a sing song voice, Tay looking up from her food to glare at me, it being more playful than actually mad at me because that's how we always are.

I don't think I ever even remember us even getting into a real fight and that's honestly one of my favorite things about us. We get along so well and even when she's drinking ice cream from the bottom of a cone, I still feel just as in love with her as I did the first day I bumped into her.

----------

I'm sorry this chapter is kind of short, but I have another in the works that I have been putting all my time into (that and I've been catching up on Orange Is The New Black)

But any update is better than none, right? As always, thanks for reading!