A Table of Crystal Glass

It was a week since Fonr’ir’s death. It still haunted me even today. I knew I’d regret it eventually, even cruel, cold hearts feel regret too. That was me, right now, laying upon a hammock, gazing to the blank sky as I thought of what a monster I was. 

      Fynr’ir was still nice to me though, she came over ever so often and just chatted. She must have known how empty I felt at the moment she came in. I couldn’t talk to her clearly without bringing up something about Fonr’ir, how much of a monster I am, or even the world I created. I gazed sadly at her, knowing she became nervous when I did this, because I could just kill her then and there.

      Time was my enemy. Soon it became a month after Fonr’ir’s death, and I still moped around, day by day, thinking about the murder, and how I regretted it so. I had to do something for everybody... I had to make them see that I was not as cruel as they made me out to be. So I decided to have a funeral.

      A funeral is not the best idea for a world where everyone has to be happy. I may slay the poor creatures, just because of a simple weep they gave to poor, lifeless Fonr’ir. I promised myself I wouldn’t do this. I couldn’t! These creatures deserved more from me than just rants on sadness, and killings because of sadness. I owed more to them than even I knew.

      When I think of all this, it makes me dizzy. I do not even know how to start a funeral. How do I even begin? How do I even do it? Do I just take Fonr’ir’s now decayed body, and just bury it? Or do we have to do something to it- oh, I do not know. I went to Fynr’ir’s cottage for answers.

      “You have to embalm her.” Fynr’ir explains, once I arrive. I am sitting at a small table, in a chair that was light pink, the table a crystal glass. Something even changed about Fynr’ir... She wasn’t a pink fluffy creature with long ears anymore, instead she had porcelain skin... No, not pink fur, skin... Like a human... I couldn’t keep my eyes off her. She was also now wearing clothing, perhaps because she was now cold because she wasn’t fluffy anymore... This made me ponder about what was happening to her.

      “Fynr’ir... What- what happened to you...?” I inquire, curiosity getting the best of me, as she just gave me a nervous smile, her perfect blue eyes looking into mine. “What do you mean, Floyd?” her voice was confused, as if she had no idea what I was talking about...

      “Your beautiful pink fur! Where has it gone? And since when did you have porcelain skin?! And since when did you own clothes?! WHERE did you even get those?” My voice was loud and booming, easily frightening her as she just continued to look at me, cringed, as she put her palms up in an ‘I surrender’ pose.

      “Whatever do you mean? I’ve always been this way.” Fynr’ir said to me, making me completely confused about her. She had not looked like that before. It made me wonder if she was just going through a phase... Agh- I don’t know, but anyway, we continued to chat for a while, soon I was waving goodbye to the beautiful Fynr’ir, dark sky as I edged my way home, continuing to wonder about what happened to my beautiful Fynr’ir.