Chapter 1

Fitting Park Jimin into his life proved to be much more challenging that Jungkook had assumed. He guessed it was because Jimin had been shoved at him so suddenly that he barely had any time to adjust. In fact, he'd only spent an hour with the boy before he decided he had to shower and go to bed. (Jimin had his pajamas picked out before Jungkook had even gotten into the shower, and Jungkook wondered why Jimin knew which pajamas were his favorite.)

Jungkook didn't give any protest when Jimin climbed into bed with him, because Jimin was supposed to be his boyfriend, so he thought he might as well let the boy that close, at least. He was kind of hesitant to let Jimin cuddle him, but he gave no verbal protest when Jimin looped an arm around Jungkook's waist. He simply shifted, tried not to feel as uncomfortable as he did.

"Are you okay, Kookie?" Jimin asked, and Jungkook stopped squirming. Jimin gave a small laugh, "Jin told me to call you Kookie. Do you mind me calling you that? He said he was the only one who'd ever called you Kookie before, and he wasn't sure if you'd be okay with me saying it, too."

"It's fine. I'm fine. I just need to sleep." Jungkook said. He tucked his hand under his pillow and closed his eyes, let himself melt back into Jimin's chest. Jimin was warm, surprisingly. He felt so normal, felt the way Jungkook remembered Seokjin feeling back when he'd sleep in the older man's bed. He was so warm, and his breath on the back of Jungkook's neck made Jungkook feel a hell of a lot more comfortable minute by minute.

"Goodnight, Kookie." Jimin whispered, and Jungkook fell into his dreams. He dreamt about Seokjin, dreamt about the boy working in his little science lab, working on Park Jimin. He had an odd image of Jimin's open chest, with wires and clear veins connected to his heart. Jungkook imagined the gas pumping through said clear veins, remembered what Seokjin had explained were the mechanics of Jimin. He imagined Seokjin with drills and things like that, sparks flying from Jimin's chest as Seokjin worked, worked, worked on making the robot as human as possible.

Jungkook woke up frowning. He'd turned in his sleep, was now pressed into Jimin's chest, head against his shoulder. Jungkook tilted his head up, hair brushing Jimin's chest. Jimin's eyes were closed, and he looked quite beautiful sleeping. Jungkook shifted again, raised a hand. He went to rest his palm against Jimin's cheek, but Jimin's eyes popped open- quick as if he were panicked. Jungkook's hand ended up on his own chest, holding his heart.

"Jimin! Oh my God!" Jungkook said. Jimin nearly gave him a fucking heart attack. Jimin remained expressionless for the moment Jungkook was saying, "You scared me! I-I thought you were sleeping!"

"Sorry, Kookie." Jimin said, smile coming to his face with a laugh. Jungkook's hand slid away from his own heart, palm landed against Jimin's instead. He could feel a soft pump beneath his skin, and he frowned. His heart worked? Jungkook didn't think Jimin's heart would actually beat. He knew Jimin had one, but it was made of metal, wasn't it? Jimin had a metal heart.

"Now you feel my love for you." Jimin said, and Jungkook looked up again. Jimin's smile was a little smaller, a little softer, but just as happy as it had been when it first came to his face. "Jin wanted my heart to beat. He thought it might make you feel a little more comfortable. Plus, my heart shows love! And my heart will beat faster when I feel more in love with you... or something like that. Jin didn't really explain that part to me.

"I know what you mean." Jungkook said. His own heartbeat had picked up. He moved his hand from Jimin's chest to Jimin's hand, and he brought the robot's palm to his chest this time, let Jimin feel the way his heart was beating. Jimin's smile grew, and Jungkook laced his fingers through the robot's. "You... you can feel that, right? You can feel my heartbeat?"