Chapter 8

One upside to Jimin not having to sleep was this, was sitting next to Jungkook on his bed, watching him sleep, petting his hair. Jimin didn't do this often. He knew how creepy it was to just watch someone in probably their most vulnerable state, but Jimin was honestly worried. He was convinced Jungkook was going to wake up coughing, sneezing, with a major headache and a crave for tea. Even indoors, Jungkook was exposed to cold of the winter, and Jimin couldn't believe he'd kept his own coat on, couldn't believe he hadn't bothered to grab Jungkook an extra one. So, he would sit here, prepared to be of assistance to every one of Jungkook's needs; and he was prepared to make sure Jungkook stayed in bed all day long. He wasn't going to let Jungkook dance. He wasn't going to let him get up to get breakfast— he would bring everything to the boy, because he needed to rest. And, okay, maybe Jimin was watching him just to watch him, but he was doing it for good reason on top of enjoying how cute Jungkook looked, so... hopefully that wasn't too creepy.

Jimin gave the sleeping boy a smile. He kind of wondered about earlier— about their little date. Why had Jungkook kissed him? Jimin was very, very tempted to think the obvious; that Jungkook may have begun to like him in that special boyfriend way, the same reason Jimin had been created in the first place. But, of course, Jimin had some doubts— perhaps Jungkook was just very happy with Jimin. Perhaps he was a little out of it from not having much sleep. Jimin felt a little guilty, now, for keeping Jungkook up, but he had to eat; Jimin would have felt worse if he took Jungkook straight home from the hospital and sent him off to bed without anything in his stomach. Jungkook had even stated, right before he passed out, that he was hungry. Jimin didn't know what hunger felt like, but he knew it was this gnawing feeling at the pit of one's stomach— and that didn't sound very nice at all.

Jimin didn't realize his touch was getting a bit rougher until Jungkook groaned, his hand coming up to gently push Jimin's away. Jimin held his breath, hoping Jungkook wouldn't wake— but he opened his eyes in the next second, squinted through the dark. He looked very frightened for a moment, but he must have seen that it was just Jimin, for he relaxed, and he smiled, said, "Hi, hyung. Is it... morning? It's dark."

"No. It's still night— it's quite late, you should go back to sleep. I'm sorry for waking you." Jimin said. He leaned down to kiss Jungkook's forehead, a simple peck to the middle of it, likely feeling like more of a tickle than a kiss. He pulled himself back an inch or two; and he couldn't help himself at that point. He leaned right back in, kissed Jungkook's mouth instead of his forehead. He was relaxed like that for all but a moment, just a simple lip-touch upon Jungkook's mouth, something to have Jimin's metal heart sparking. And then he was pulling away quickly, "Sorry! I'm sorry, Jungkook—"

"Shh, hyung, you'll give me a headache." Jungkook said, arm extending out, finger pressing to Jimin's lips to hush him. Jimin stopped; Jungkook chuckled. When his hand fell away, it didn't fall back into the sheets. Instead, his arm extended out the other way, and his opposite arm came up into the air too— until he was holding his arms out as if he wanted a hug. He was giving a sleepy smile as he said, "I need a teddy bear."

Where did his little moose go? Jimin tried to remember. He was going to put the little bag on the counter so he could tuck Jungkook into bed, but he'd ended up waking the younger in the process— and Jungkook hopped out of Jimin's arms, grabbed the little plushies. He remembered Jungkook taking his phone case away from the moose in order to swap it onto his phone in place of the one he'd had before— one Hoseok got him. He mentioned that he would probably change his phone case quite a bit, because he had quite a few phone cases from all the people that mattered to him, and he would feel guilty using just one. He put the little stuffed toys back in the bag so he could carry that in one hand as he carried his phone and Jimin's hand in the other; and they went upstairs, and Jimin tucked Jungkook into bed. He took the little plushies out of the bag, as well as the book and the shirt. He hung the shirt up, book on the shelf— ah! He put the plushies on Jungkook's other pillow!