Giving Her Up

BAEK KYUNG:

It was the day of the tennis match against a rival school. As Sulhi High players were getting ready in their changing room, Baek Kyung asked Haru "By the way, I've been thinking about this recently. You say that you're changing DanOh's fate... But is that really true or is everything just going the way the writer intended all along? Have you ever given that a thought?"

Haru scowled at Baek Kyung before answering "Baek Kyung. We're part of a comic book."

Baek Kyung raised his eyebrow "So?"

Haru continued "We have to move and speak as the writer intends."

Baek Kyung started to get annoyed "If you understand that so well, just follow the storyboard then. We exist because the writer drew us."

Huru nodded "The writer definitely drew me, but why do I feel keep feeling emotions that the writer didn't draw for me? Like wanting to protect and love DanOh? Those feelings weren't created by the writer, they were created by DanOh."

Baek Kyung hissed "She's destined to be mine."

Huru became annoyed as well "She's neither yours nor the writer's. She's just DanOh."

Baek Kyung scowled and took a step towards Haru "The writer's drawn DanOh as my fiancé. She'll be with me in the end whether you want that or not. You've tried changing this stage and that stage, but think about it.. has anything changed the way you wanted it to?"

Haru took a confrontational stance as well "What do you mean?"

Baek Kyung hissed with frustration "In the end, we've all been following the writer's story."

Haru narrowed his eyes "I don't care. Even if everything goes the way the writer intends, I'll try my best to change the stage till the very end, for DanOh."

Baek Kyung scoffed "What if you disappear again?"

Haru shook his head "It doesn't matter. You say the writer created our beginning, but for me DanOh is my beginning. To you DanOh maybe just be an extra, but to me, she's the main character."

Suddenly Baek Kyung was summoned for a new stage. This time he was walking towards DanOh and her dad in the school hall. It seemed as though her father had come to speak to the head teacher about something. The father daughter duo were saying bye.

"DanOh, make sure not to overwork yourself. Forget about your grades, just have fun, ok?"

DanOh was embarrassed. "Ah dad! Since when parents say that to their kids? Stop treating me like a baby" she said pouting.

Her dad laughed "DanOh, you'll always be a baby to me."

DanOh turned red "Dad! Please! Someone will hear you."

Baek Kyung walked to them with a smile and held DanO's hand "Chairman Eun."

"Oh, hey Kyung" the chairman greeted him.

"You must be worried about DanOh. I'm always by DanOh's side at school, so you needn't worry."

DanOh's father's patted Kyung's shoulder "DanOh is all that I have left of my family. I'm so grateful that you're by her side, Kyung."

Baek Kyung nodded "I know. Don't worry sir, I'll always protect DanOh."

As soon as the stage was over, DanOh left him again and ran to Haru.

Baek Kyung walked to the A3 study room. He couldn't help but keep going through those mysterious burnt pages of 'Trumpet Creeper'. It bothered him, it felt like that same story was repeating again in 'Secret'.