Personal HELL

A few days passed and it really seemed as though the Haru they had all known just vanished. Almost every stage, Baek Kyung kept breaking Eun DanOh's already broken heart. His guilt kept accumulating. Why did the writer want him to be so mean towards her? Why was his character so bad at being sincere and apologise like a normal person?

Baek Kyung wasn't happy at all about how mean and hurtful he was towards DanOh during every single stage. He came to the conclusion that the only way to stop that was by changing the writer's predetermined stage like DanOh and Haru had done previously. Baek Kyung saw DanOh on the overhead bridge connecting the science building to the arts building. From afar it looked like she was studying the people below all over the school grounds, but really she was just staring into space. 'DanOh is really pretty' it struck him in that moment. Recently she was on his mind almost 24/7, he just couldn't ignore his feelings for her anymore.

"Eun DanOh. I'll help you change the stage" he said stopping to stand right next to her.

She didn't even look at him as she coldly answered "You can't. Only Haru can do it."

He was triggered "Haru?", that bastard again, "What can he do? That guy can't even remember his own face now." Of course that was enough to trigger her: she didn't need a reminder of what she had lost. She gave him a death glare and angrily walked off without another word.

Baek Kyung was just as stubborn as DanOh. The next morning he went over to her house so they could go to school together. He waited 5 minutes before he lost his patience and went over to her room to see what was taking her so long. She had showered, put on her creams, makeup and uniform long before he came to her house. But she had been sitting at her dressing table staring at the numerous tablets in her hand. She was supposed to swallow all those pills as many as 3 times a day. She promised her dad she'd take her medication diligently, but there was nothing she hated more than those pills: she didn't have a memory of a day in her life where she didn't have to swallow the darn plastic capsules. Baek Kyung knew what was going on in her head from just one look. When they were kids, he had convinced her that he could do "Bibbidi babbidi boo" magic spells to shrink her pills so they weren't difficult to swallow at all for tiny DanOh.

Coming from behind her, he held her palm with his and cast the spell "Bibbidi babbidi boo" and guided her hand to her mouth, he gave her the water to swallow the medicine with.

When she was done, she smiled up at him "You still remember."

"Of course I do" he smiled back.

They had an easy conversation on their way to school as they reminisced their childhood together. As children, they had been each other's biggest source of life, hope and friendship.

"Do you remember when your dad read you fairytales in the hospital?" he said with a fond smile "In one of the books, Cinderella wished for a carriage, a ball gown and glass slippers to go to the ball? You said if you had a fairy godmother you'd have wished for your heart problem to go away, then for my mom to get better and last for us to get married and live happily ever after. I was really touched by that."

She nodded as she laughed, then she sobered up "It's all just a set up anyway. Everything was the writer's will."

There was a moment of silence between the two before Baek Kyung confessed to her "I remember everything about you" he looked at her "I remember us, from the Manwa story plot, and outside of it too."

She couldn't help her grateful smile "I'm glad. You're the only one who remembers what I'm like outside the story" she sighed before admitting "My life would've been so much harder if you hadn't been there, thank you."

They briefly started into each other's eyes, each filled emotions they couldn't explain to the other.

"I'll accept this world for what it is now" she confessed honestly to him "I'll let go of Haru. I'll stop trying to change the story now. I'll forget how rude you were in the past Baek Kyung. It wasn't your fault."