Freedom

"She escaped."

"I know she escaped, you fool! How much of an idiot do you need to be? She's weak! Find her! And kill everyone she loves!"

....................

I ran through the woods. I was barefoot and my firey red hair flew back behind me as I ran from the dogs. Dogs, reminded me of what I missed. My family, my home.

I stopped and jogged across the road before more traffic came. Maybe I could hitchhike, but the odds of me not getting caught is slim. So, I had to keep going. I had to return to base. I had to report back in, they needed to know I was ok.

On the top of the mountain, my location is unknown, I look down to see a town. My hopes didn't give up too soon, I was still on the run. I had absolutely no idea where I was because it was dark and no one was around. I ran forward, the yells and barks of men and dogs searching for me did not end. I somehow found a telephone and punched in a number that needed no money to call. It was a government number that they change every few years, hopefully this one still worked.

"Hello?"

"It's me! It's me!"

"Agent Rogers?"

"Mrs. Rogers, yes! Please track this location quick!"

"Everyone thought you were dead!"

It must've been a newish guy, he seemed so side-tracked. "Listen, I don't have time. I'm being hunted down. Send a team out now."

"Oh yes, sorry Mrs. Rogers. Should I contact your family?"

The boy asked quickly. But with the sounds of men shouting and dogs barking, I couldn't risk my family getting in danger. "No," I quickly replied. "Do not tell them I'm alive."

"Ok Agent Rogers. A team is on their way, stay in the surrounding area. A Black Bird will pick you up. Fury will be there. Goodluck Agent Rogers."

The kid hung up and I quickly pulled the phone off the box. The men would be able to call for backup.

I took off down a steep drop on the side of the mountain. Was I in Ukraine? Or Russia? I couldn't remember. I just wanted to be home.
Once I reached the next road on the road, I felt dizzy and nauseous; I needed to hitchhike. I held out my thumb and 2 minutes later a van can around a curve and slowed down.

Boom.

I look down and I've been shot, but the bullet only grazed my side. I was fine. The van stopped and a woman I knew all too well. "Need a ride?"

I smiled, feeling relieved. "Yes, Yelena."

...........

"Captain America, and his son, Agent Grant, has safely secured the NFB bank. In the late hours of the night, a group of reportedly large, masculine men breached the bank shouting 'the end of the Avengers.' Thankfully, fellow Avengers Captain America, Scarlett Witch, and War Machine jumped in to save the night with Avengers recruit Agent Grant. As we stop the fires and take in the group of men to a secret facility to be interrogated by Tony Stark and Nick Fury, Captain America has a few words." The news anchor turned around and handed my father her mic.

"Hello New York," my father said. A cheer from the bystanders, which were hundreds of innocent people watching the scene, erupted with claps hollers of American pride.

"Now, to clear the air, these group of men came from somewhere out of this country. We don't know where. But, we can assure you, that you and your families are safe. We will stop these men from causing more terror and chaos on the streets. We will get to the bottom of this, even if it is my dying breath. As for now, I'd advise the city to be alert and safe. Thank you."

My father handed the mic to the girl. "There was Captain America's speech. Is New York safe? And who are these men?"

The camera says cut and the news reporters walk away. My dad turns to me. "We have work to do." I nodded and looked behind me where Wanda and Rhodey were sitting in a Black Bird that landed in a blocked off section of the street, guarded by NYPD police. My father asked, "What's wrong?"

"Steve," Rhodey said, "We got another mission. We're just gonna pick up Fury and head to Europe. Something suspicious is happening there."

"Ok, stay safe." My dad said as Rhodey nodded. The back of the Bird shut and it lifted into the night sky. People waved at the Bird and screamed at us, wanting autographs or pictures. I let a couple have some but I had to get home.

I said my goodbyes to the people of New York, and headed to the Avengers facility where the group of men were headed.

Once we arrived, a pissed off Tony Stark was waiting for our arrival.

Hello everyone! Sorry for the very long wait. I've been spending most of my time on a brand new story called "The Dare." It's not finished, but it's close to being sent to an editor!

I've decide to come back to this series, because I love it so much and it has so much potential left. So here it is, the 9th chapter out of 20 chapters! I'm excited lol! Hope you all enjoy! Thanks for understanding for the wait. Comment what you think will happen. Comment who you think is the bad guy! And please vote!