Party

Clint and Laura and their kids were all at the party, digging into all of the sweets they could find. But Clint allowed his kids a cheat day. Sam sat at the bar with Tony, talking to Dr. Strange about the topic that's been floating around everyone's heads.

Wanda, Maria, Pepper, and Carol all sat in the kitchen. They talked nonstop about little memories of Morgan and Grant that some of them cried.

Thor and Steve chatted across the girls, along with Jane and their now thirteen year old son, Locket. Everyone never made fun of his name, mainly because everyone knew that Loki changed and after his sudden death by Hella, Thor needed something that started with an "L."

But as the party rolled on and Avenger came and go, like T'Challa and Peter, Grant and Morgan moved upstairs to have their private talk.

"So, you seem off. It's that bad huh?" Morgan asked. Grant shrugged. He didn't know if it was necessarily bad, but it wasn't good.

"Basically my mother has accepted a mission that may never end. We don't even know if she's alive anymore." Grant frowned. Morgan pulled Grant into a hug. She never knew what it was like growing up with one parent. She's had dreams, like when her father told stories of Bucky Barnes sacrificing himself for everyone. But in my dreams, she dreams of her dad sacrificing himself.

"You asked your dad to help you find her?" Morgan chuckled, lowering the tense.

"Yeah, something like that." Grant replied. Morgan noddes and slowly traced Grant's small tattoo his father allowed him to get. This is something Morgan did all the time, mainly because Natasha would've been like her aunt to her. Someone Morgan could've trusted.

"So... can I go along?" Morgan asked with a smirk. She wanted to go on her first mission without her father. Granted, she'd be with Steve.

"What? No! It can be very dangerous!" Grant winked. Morgan rolled her eyes. The only missions she ever does is fly around in the suit her father made and rescue people from houses or any structure place.

"I'll be literally covered in amor head to toe. Geez." Morgan sasses. Grant laughs at that. That's all Morgan is, a girl in a suit of armor. Just like her father, although, many of the old Avengers are retiring.

"You know your dad will come too. He's protective of you!" Grant jokes. As talked about, Tony and Pepper, and everyone else walked into Morgan's room, the room they talked in, and started to play some music. Pepper held a cake with their names on it.

"Wow, it's looks so cool!" Morgan smiled. Grant agreed, looked over the huge rectangular cake. There was a shield, Steve's shield to be exact. Then there was Black Widow's symbol inside the shield. Grant smiled even more.

"It has our symbols." Pepper mentioned.  Beside the shield which had the Black Widow symbol, was the Iron Man symbol with was inside a small tablet.

"It's amazing mom." Morgan awed. Pepper smiled as Tony lit the candled. They were treating it as a birthday party for the two special, newest Avengers.

"Welcome to reality... goodbye hell!" Tony annouced. Everyone chuckled. Grant and Morgan thought school was hell or prison. It was a place where students couldn't have fun anymore and they did work. They hated it.

"Yes, goodbye school!" Grant said louder. Once Tony finished the candles, Morgan and Grant blew them out together.

"Beautiful... you know, I'm still young!" Peter smiled towards Tony. Tony laughed and patted Peter on the back.

"No... no you are not." Tony replied. Peter shrugged and hugged Morgan tightly. Morgan hugged Peter in return, resting her head on his shoulder. Grant never liked them together because he thought Peter likes her. But he has no reason too, Peter and Morgan treated each other as if they were brother and sister.

"Hey lil sis, do you mind if I take you on a swing?" Peter asked. Morgan gasped and nodded quickly. They followed everyone to the kitchen when Pepper cut the cake, and escaped off into the night. Grant sighed and looked down at his phone. For years, he's gotten only one video of his mother, he's not supposed to open either. Not until this day. She specifically said for the title of the message, Only For Graduation. This was gradutaion, for high school anyway. Besides, Grant will be an Avenger, who get paid a lit mire than a daily professional athlete.

He hits the unknown number and clicks on the dark screen. A woman with red and blonde hair appears on the screen with tearfilled eyes.

"Hey baby boy, I miss you. And I'm sorry for leaving you and your father. Maybe I guessed if I took down the KGB, I'd be saving you. I guesssed wrong. I was only giving you pain and sadness. I wish I can come home and hug you tight when you graduate. But I dug myself a whole and if you see this video, I might be dead. I have a mission tomorrow that Fury is second guessing. If this mission goes downhill and I don't reply, I want your father to know that I truly love him. I love both of you. But I must go. I love you so much Grant."

The screen goes black and with sudden rage, Grant chucks his phone across Morgan's room. His mom was beautiful like an angel, just like his father said many timed before. Why couldn't she have stayed? Grant walked towards the coldish window and rested his hot sweaty forehead on the glass. I soft pair of hands gently reach for Grant's back. He turned around to see Jane. Grant slowly shook his head amd let his tears slip out of his closed eyelids. Jane wrapped her arms around Grant and hugged him tight.

"I don't think she's gone Grant." Jane soothed. Grant looked at her from the hug with a confused look.

"You heard?" He asked. Jane nodded.

"I was going to the bathroom when I heard your mother's soft voice. When I opened the door, you suddenly threw the phone. I'm sorry, but your mother was a pain in the ass for a lot of people. It'll be hard for someone to kill her. She's Black Widow." Jane smiled. Grant nodded and Jane mentioned Grant to come downstairs.

He wipped away his tear stains and headed downstairs to be with the people who he loved the most.