Meeting

The first day in the meeting room for Grant and Morgan. Clint and Wanda called for a meeting, which was held in the biggest meeting room Grant has ever seen. Morgan has been here plemty of times with her father and mother, although this meeting was different. They, Grant and Morgan, were Avengers now. It was morning, so coffee was passed around from the office workers from downstairs. Donuts, bagel, and muffins sat neatly on plates in the middle of the huge oval table.

"I called you all here..." Clint said slowly. Grant looked around, examining the faces of peopls he knew. Carol, Thor, Tony, his father, Wanda, Sam, Morgan, Peter, and Bruce. Grant hasn't seen Bruce in what felt like ages. Not to mention, the man has been in Brazil trying to learn how to live life with such a power no one has.

"We know why we're here." Carol says. She never sugar coated things.

"Only most of us." Sam mumbled. Grant looked at Morgan, hoping she knew what was going on. But Grant shook that thought, she was probably day dreaming about her night with Peter. Who is sixteen years older than her.

"Come on Barton, get to the point." Tony rested his head on his hand. Clint nodded and turned off the lights. The room went dark asthe windows were shaded. In the center of the room, Fury appeared on a hologram, along with Agent Hill. Beside them was a glove, some areas on the glove were red. Grant had chills down his spine.

"Hello Everyone." Maria annouced while Fury just nodded. He liked to cut to the chase and sell the deal.

"After years if slowly breaking down the KGB... plus losing contact with one of our own," There was a pause and everyone turned towards Steve. Steve bowed his head, exhaling slowly. "We made deals with Russia's President and he is now sending his army out there to destroy it. Now they only hold their end of the deal if we hold ours. So, everyone, meet Murdoc Vance. An assassin that's called the ghost. After the winter soldier, he was feared throughout the middle east and east countries. He's very dangerous and knows how to escape tough situations." Fury added.

"Sounds easy." Carol smiled.

"No, not easy. The complete opposite. We believe he's the one that killed Agent Romanoff." Fury replied. Steve stood up and left the room. Sam followed behind Steve and  the others just sat quietly waiting for the meeting to continue. Grant didn't know what to do, he doesn't think his mom is dead.

"So we all work together to find him and kill him?" Morgan asked, clearly enraged buy the news of Grant's mother.

"Yes, Ms Stark. You have your father's knowledge." Fury complented. "But as I have new accords to sign in Russia, Tony holds the other information regarding this mission. Any questions?"

"No." Grant shoots up to a standing position. "Let's kill this son of a bitch." He grunted.

Morgan smirked and everyone nodded along. Grant then left the room, meeting his father and Sam in the hallway. They were talking quietly and nodded at my arrival. "Hey dad, are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just tired and ready to retire." Steve said. Grant's eyes instantly went wide.

"What? No dad, you can't. I'm not ready to fulfill your position. I'm not ready to be the great Captain America." Grant mentioned. Steve hugged Grant for a little bit tjen showed him the hallway of records, dating back to 1944. A time where Captain America was born.

"I am Captain America because of this serum, and this man." Steve pointed to an older gentle man. He was wearing a lab coat and had glasses. He looked innocent as said the papers. He died an innocent man. "But I'm no one if this man didn't do what he did. But, you have my abilities, especially my strength."

"Yeah but I'm young, too young to fit the role." Grant frowned.

"I was twenty. You are eighteen. Your only two years younger than me when I received the shield." Steve smiled at his son. Maybe he won't retire just yet, he has a few more years before his time is up. "But I'm not retiring just yet. It'll be a few years."

"Thank God!" Grant let out a sigh of relief. The doors opened and everyone  flooded out if the meeting room, chatting and some were even fighting.

Steve furrowed his eyes and walked over to the group of his friends and crossed his arms. "What is the world is happening here?"

"They're fighting over their positions. I handed out their roles in the mission. Carol doesn't want to be the backup girl, Thor doesn't want to be under cover... it's all just a mess." Tony sighed. Steve shook his head and let the group fight. It's how things went these days. After Clint offically retired, but he keeps coming around, and Tony and Steve are close to retiring, everyone is on edge. Carol is ready to lead, as is Peter. But their not mentally.

"This is crazy dad," Morgan walks up to Tony, followed by Peter. "I'm going out with Peter tonight. I'll be home late."

"Tonight? Well Steve and I were heading out for the mission. But your mom will be home so I guess it's fine." Tony shrugged. Morgan smiled and walked off,  Peter following close behind and Grant lowering his head in jealously.

"What? You never told me this." Steve leaned forward, grabbing Tony's attention.

"Well you left the room Rogers. Your coming and Grant can join us." Tony smiled. Grant's face went from upset to excited with the snap of a finger.

"Oh um... well ok. I'll go put the suit on. Grant, you should as well." Steve nodded with a smirk. Grant's eyes grew wide, he was getting his father's old suit from the mission he did in Washington D.C.. Grant always wore an old agent suit for little missions he used to do.

"Sweet!" Grant smiled. He was so excited that he pulled out his phone to call Morgan. He dialed her number but it quickly went to voicemail. He tried again but she didn't pick up. Grant frowned and slowly slid his phone into his pocket. Steve and Tony watched the scene but none of them said a word. "I'll leave her alone... She's out having fun with friends. I'll tell her after the mission."