The Chase

Grant's POV (Yes... This is new...)

I sat in the car, waiting. I couldn't say I was happy about it, I was quite the opposite! I was annoyed. I watched families walk down DC sidewalks with children holding kites, waiting for a rare summer breeze to take the kites high in the air. I never experienced that kind of childhood. I never had the chance to. Mom was gone, Dad worked, and well I trained after I graduated fith grade.

I sighed, sliding my phone into a pocket after I checked my DMs on Instagram. Peter uploaded a few posts from today and, well, Morgan was in all of them. I hope she wasn't drinking, she's too young but have you seen her father?

By that time, the car was gettinf extremely hot so I decided to go into the building. Father went to see Margaret Carter. A relative to Peggy, a woman my father told stories about. I knew he was going to see her because she used to babysit me while dad went on missions to find mom after her "disappearance" from the grid. I don't think she died. I have a hard time believing that.

I walk inside and up the stairs, remembering the foor number and door. Second floor, not too shabby. I knocked.

"Grant!" Margaret smiled. I sighed, knowing that my nerves for being at the wrong door deminished.

"Hey Margaret, just wondering what's taking so long?" My gaze falling on my father.  Such a big, tall, strong man that sat like a drunk in a chair.

"We're just leaving." Tony informed. Lies. They always lied. That's their job. I shook my head but verbally agreed with them. How stupid do they think I am.

"Stay, we're just getting started." A low growl came from behind me. My father quickly stood up and laid his hand out, telling me to stay still. "Steven Grant Rogers, what a lovely surprise. Haven't seen a fossil in over two decades."

"Well looks like today is your lucky day!" Steve yelled, throwing his shield at the man behind me. I turn arpund and quickly realised who it was. Murdoc Vance. I run over to my dad as Tony grabbed Margaret and flew out the window. I run over to the broken window, and watched Tony land safely. And as always, the cameras from the cities folks were taken out.

"Grant watch out!" My father yelled. I jumped to the side, dodging an on coming blow from Murdoc. He grunted and looked my way, but the fear in my eyes disappeared. I acted like this was my training. My dad jumped on the man's back as I attacked the front. I gave Murdoc a good blow to the nose, only to see a drop of blood. Murdoc backed uo into the wall harshly and my dad let go of his grip. That makes sense since he's older but not too old. Tony fliesback into the action, shooting his firey shots at Murdoc. But something clicked and Murdoc jumped out of the window and onto the next roof. Without thinking, I jumped too, and I took my father's shield with me.

"Grant!" Dad yelled.

"Go, I'll chase him!" I scream. There was no reply which is a good thing. Murdoc continues to jumo from roof to roof, showing off his mad skills.

Then he came to a sudden stop which helped me catch up. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm faster than my dad, but Murdoc had a head start on me. Anyways, Murdoc jumps to a fire escape and climbs it to the top of the next building. I much higher building. But I didn't stop. I jumped higher then any normal man would and I grabbed the fire escape, just inches away from grabbing Murdoc's foot now.

This was a game of cat and mouse and I was inches away from my prey. Murdoc reached the top of the building, then a second after. I reached the top. Three, two, one... Boom. I jumped onto Murdoc's back, tackling the tall man to the pavement. Thank god for good genes. My momma sure knew a few too many moves. I fought like my mother.

I wrapped my muscular arm around Murdoc and started to pin him down. I wrapped my legs around his waist, the Black Widow's grip is what people call it and I was doing this in her honor. A noise was heard in the background and I look over to see a black helicopter swoop down and suddenly gunfire was heard. I rolled to the side, not realising my grip on Murdoc was loosened. Murdoc got free and ran to the rope ladder that was thrown over board. Now, Tony came swooping up, firing at the helicopter.  Not all of his shots missed, but a few did and that's completely rare. The helicopter sped out of there, leaving me and Tony on the roof.

"What the heck just happened?" My father asked as he approached us from behind.