Chapter 12

A week later...      

          Beca was lying in bed tired from the day's activities. She had spent some time with her father, she had watched Star Wars with Jesse, she had worked on some killer mixes that she couldn't wait to play at Pulse and she had gone shopping at the mall for a present for Chloe. The mall alone had worn her out considerably.

          There was a knock on her bedroom door and she smiled when she saw Chloe enter. "Jesse's heading out. He told me to tell you you're having another movie marathon tomorrow."

          "Oh yay, I can't wait," Beca said, sarcastically.

          Chloe crawled onto the bed and kissed her girlfriend. When the kiss intensified and Beca slid her hand up Chloe's shirt, Chloe pulled away. "Behave. I heard you had a long day."

          "I can muster up the energy." Beca went in to kiss Chloe but the redhead wouldn't allow it.

          "In the morning... maybe." Chloe kissed Beca on the cheek and cuddled up beside her.

          "How was your day of saving lives?" Beca asked.

          "Tiring but good." Chloe turned so that she was facing her girlfriend. "What'd you do today?"

          "Lots. I went to the mall and I survived. Barely. Why do people just suddenly stop walking in a crowded hallway? They don't have headlights on their ass for me to know that they're stopping."

          Chloe laughed. "Never going to the mall again?"

          "Definitely not. Online shopping is the way to go."

          "Why'd you go today?" Chloe asked. "I doubt you woke up this morning and thought, "hey, I really want to go to the mall and have people grate my nerves."

          "No, my thoughts were more along the lines of, "hey, I really need to get my awesome girlfriend a gift." Beca retrieved a small wrapped up box from under her pillow.

          Chloe's eyes widened as she sat up excitedly. "What's the occasion?"

          Beca shrugged. "Just wanted to get you something." Beca had wanted to get Chloe something now in case she didn't make it to their one-year anniversary.  She wouldn't share that with the redhead, though. It was too depressing of a thought.

          Chloe removed the wrapping paper and was shocked to see a long jewelry box. She looked up at Beca and the brunette laughed.

          "Well open it."

          Chloe opened the box and saw a silver necklace with a blue pendant that matched her eyes.

          "It'll bring out your eyes," Beca said. "I hope you like it. I've never bought anyone jewelry before.

          "It's perfect! You're perfect!" Chloe leaned down to kiss Beca and it quickly turned into a heavy make-out session. Chloe finally pulled away to catch her breath. "We can't."

          Beca sighed. "I know." She took the necklace from her girlfriend and placed it around her neck. She brushed Chloe's hair out of the way and placed a kiss on her neck.

          Chloe turned around to face Beca with a smile. "I really do love it. Thank you."

          "You're welcome. You can think of me when you wear it." Beca rolled her eyes at herself. "That was cheesy. What have you turned me into?"

          Chloe giggled and laid back down with the brunette. "Don't blame me for your sappiness and I don't need a necklace to think about you. I do that enough on my own."