Chapter 8: the Land of Waves

A month later, and Naruto's outfit has changed once again. Now, Naruto's right black jacket sleeve is ripped off. With the stylised character for lightning (雷) is tattooed on Naruto's right shoulder. The lightning tattoo symbolizes his mastery of Black Lightning.

Anyway, right now, Naruto, and his Sensei, Darui are standing in front of the Raikage. The Raikage says, "I have an A-Rank mission for you two."

Darui asks, "What's the mission, Boss?"

The Raikage answers, "You two will go to Nami no Kuni (Land of Waves). Once there, you will have to kill a bridge builder named Tazuna. I don't care how it's done, as long as it gets done. Also supposedly he is being guarded by some hired shinobi. All though, we don't these shinobi are. Good Luck."

Darui asks, "Naruto do you know what to pack for long-term missions like this one?"

Naruto answers, "Yes I do, Dull-sensei. Spare clothes for at least a month, fifty shuriken and kunai, food rations, and weapons sharpeners. Which I keep on hand at all times." To legitimize the claim, he pulls out a hand full of storage scrolls.

Darui replies, "Good, now let's go kill a bridge builder."

Naruto asks, "Dull-sensei, do you even know what this Tazuna person looks like?"

Darui answers, "No, but we will find out when we get to Nami no Kuni." The Jounin then leaves the office, with Naruto face palming, and following his sensei.

A week later, the Sensei, and student find themselves in the Land of Waves. The villages were in a horrible state. Children, and elders are without a home. Their is barely anything nutritious to buy. It is just so sad, and sorry looking that it is unbelievable.

Darui then asked around about Tazuna.

Blunt and sometimes harsh, Tazuna has been described as a diligent man. He is also a drinker. Tazuna is a grey-haired, bespectacled man with a large beard and dark eyes. When first introduced, he wore a sleeveless v-neck shirt with an obi, pants and a pair of sandals. He also carried a towel around his neck and wore a pointed hat on his head.

Tazuna has a daughter named Tsunami, a grandson named Inari, and a dead son-in-law named Kaiza.

She has been described as obliging. She also loves "prettiness". Tsunami also seems to be a very loving mother. Tsunami is a woman of strong will; when she is taken hostage by Gatō's men to threaten Tazuna, she threatens to commit suicide so that Tazuna doesn't need to worry about her.

Tsunami has long blue-coloured hair. She wears a short-sleeved pink shirt with the end of the sleeves and the collar being red in colour. She also wears a long blue skirt.

Inari has also been described as a contrarian — usually taking up a position opposed by the majority of a group, no matter how unpopular. He appeared to be a very tough individual, though this was just a ruse he put on to hide the loneliness he felt since the death of Kaiza, his stepfather.

Inari has spiky black hair and dark-coloured eyes. He also wears a blue and white striped hat under the brim of which he would usually look at people.

Kaiza was a very brave man. His ideology was to never give up if he ever had an aim. Kaiza is shown as a patriot of his homeland and a great protector of its inhabitants, as he had put his life on the line, desperately trying to prevent Gatō's intervention into the Land of Waves.

Kaiza had short spiky black hair and black eyes. He had a small white rope tied around his head which was tied on the right side of his head and a small x-shaped scar on his chin. He wore a black T-shirt that had a white outline and a white pair of pants. He also had scars on his arms.