Prologue

Noise is something constant in your life, the only truly unchangeable factor. Forced to leave your country and go to Yokohama, Japan because of familial trouble, you have done your best to avoid problems while making money wherever you could, always moving. Your goal was to live no matter the circumstances. However, what you didn't know, was that by taking a job at a casino in the sky, you'd be getting involved in one a scheme so vast, one might compare it to the ocean.

It's hard to live while trying not to drown.

Still, the sounds around you never changed, and even when faced with demons you felt safe...all thanks to a special ability you were born with.

Named 'Tell-Tale Heart', your gift gives you the ability to constantly hear the heart beats of those around you including your own. By memorizing different patterns, you have learned to read what some changes in the heart rate means. Some might find it maddening, - and in some cases it was - but to you it was reassurance that as long as you could hear the torments of other's through their heart, you could also hear your own, which meant you were just as alive. The only time this backfires on you, is when you are at your highest level of nervousness. Everyone else's heartbeats dim and your is suddenly the loudest in the room, and you know that the longer you keep quiet on what is causing you this, the worse it gets.

Furthermore, to use your ability to your fullest potential, you learned that as long as you are touching the person and can feel their pulse, you can control their heart's beating with the only drawback that you also feel the same. It is also possible to kill someone from a heart attack with this skill, and although you would not die, you'd feel every bit of pain without the sweet meeting of peace at the end.

No one knew the details of your ability until you got hired at the sky casino, and the only reason you were found out was because after winning too many times in gambling rounds, the manager Sigma started to question if you were cheating and taking advantage of the casino. He pointed out that he was aware you had been staying in one of their hotel rooms for a long time, and that if you thought it was because you could get away with making easy money without anyone noticing, you were wrong. You had no choice but to confess at that point.

Then, you demanded for a job there as a dealer, as it was one of the positions with the most luxuries.

Sigma agreed, and found you as useful as you did the arrangements.

Hearts never lie, and in a poker game it is no exception.

It wasn't long before there were others with their eyes on you. Specifically, the decay of angels. Sigma and his casino were their real interests, you were simply a hidden gem.