sixteen- 𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎

𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮𝗵𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄:

my heart was racing after i finished reading that text. i couldn't say no, either way i wanted to hear his side of it. i could feel my cheeks starting to heat up.

i looked up at mattia and he gave me a slight smile. he got up to go to the patio, i followed his steps. kairi and the others looking very confused as to why we were walking to the same place. everyone in the cafeteria had their eyes locked on us, they didn't know anything though? right?

mattia stopped in a spot where no one was mostly at, a private spot. we made eye contact as he started to speak,

"hey, okay i need to explain to you what really happened." he says, putting his hands in his sweats pockets. i nodded, which lead him to continue,

"okay when you left, i needed to go pee, hallway was busy so i went into mine. when i got out of the restroom, jenna was in my room. she forced herself onto me, trying to tell me i still loved her and that you were just a cover up. i tried pushing her off of me but i was too late because that's when she kissed me, i didn't kiss back at all which was when you walked in. i pushed her off right away, but you were already gone by then. savannah, i'm so fucking sorry, i don't like jenna at all i just want to be with you again. i miss you so fucking much, everything about you." he says, leaving me in shock. his eyes were starting to tear up.

"okay so it wasn't your fault at all, i get you. the moment i walked in, i looked like you guys were full on kissing, without any context. it's just you and jenna have a past together and i just thought i was being played our whole relationship and that's why i took everything hard. mattia, i miss you a lot but i just need a little more time to better myself, then we'll find our way back together." i say, my throat starting to scratch up as i let out the last sentence. i knew the both of us were ready to jump back into our relationship, but we just needed time to better ourselves and get over this.

"i completely understand, i'll be ready whenever you are." he says, giving me a smile. i smile back,

"hug?" i say, he pulls me into the biggest bear hug ever. we just laid in each others arms, the both of us missed this. the presence of one another, the energy we both had. it was gonna take a while for us to get back to where we were but it'll happen sooner or later.

the both of us pulled away from each other and made our way back into the cafeteria side by side. the group looked at us in shock, ale and kairi already knew mattia had explained everything since the both of us looked way more happier than before. ale and kairi giving mattia a thumbs up, which then he returned.

"sooo, are you guys back together." alvaro says, already getting exitced.

the both of us let out a chuckle, "we need a little break to ourselves and then we'll be back to eachother." i say, letting out a smile.

"WACKK, just be together already please i miss you guys being happy." kairi says, rolling his eyes, earning him a slap from alejandro.

everything was back to normal, i was thankful mattia understood what i said about taking a little more time to ourselves. i don't know how long it was gonna take but the both of us were happy again, relieved that everything was explained. i'm so glad i didn't tell my parents anything, they would've hated mattia with all their hearts.

the rest of the day went by as normal as usual. alvaro had 2 more weeks before leaving, i didn't wanna to bare thinking about him leaving us yet. roshaun was going to leave with him too, which added onto the sadness. two of our bestfriends would be leaving to florida, we would still see each other just not everyday like always. alvaro was more hurt by this than roshaun, knowing that his bond might break with some of the boys. but with kairi, ale, and mattia it would never, they were like brothers, they would never leave each other's side. well i mean, there was some drama before i came but they got over it.

it was the end of the school day, i had practice for soccer, so did the boys. today, we would be going against each other's team, boys vs girls. i made varsity which lead to me screaming as i got the text, we had to do conditioning before the game. i hated conditioning which a burning passion, so did the others. i looked over at the bleachers and saw audrey waving at me, she wasn't pleased with staying after school but still tries to show support during practice.

we went against the boys, of course, us girls won. 5-3 , although they were good, we managed to out play them. the coach released us to change back into our normal attire. as i was heading over to audrey, i heard alejandro calling me,

"SAVV, did you forget you were our uber driver? mattias being a little bitch and doesn't wanna take us since he just cleaned his car." he says, mocking mattia.

"my cars finally clean for once and y'all are dusty, try again." mattia jokingly says.

"whatever, anyways savv can you take us pwetty pwease." alejandro says, pouting his lips.

"you guys already know i got you, i don't want musty mattia in my car anyways." i say, holding my nose as i looked over at mattia. he rolled his eyes which made the both of us let out a giggle.

we said bye to mattia as we headed off to separate cars, this time we didn't have to be crammed. it was only kairi, ale, and alvaro i was taking home, and of course audrey and me up in the front. i was dropping off all of them at kairis, for some odd reason they never go to their own houses after school. they always go to one place together, i was gonna stay with them but i had a history test i needed to study for and i couldn't risk getting a bad grade on it considering i was on the verge of failing that class. normally, i was really good at it but this year it just threw me off.

with soccer, it can get a little stressful at times but i try to manage my time wisely. which barely leaves any room for hanging out with the boys, kairi and the others understood. they had the same situation going on, they had more stress since they constantly had to post on tik tok and on other platforms.

i dropped all of them off at kais, waving bye to them as they did the same. on the way back to my house, i told audrey what had happened at lunch. she was almost as shock as when mattia told me, her anger towards mattia quickly disappearing. just like the rest of the group, she wanted us to be back together already.

trust me, i wanted to just be with him all the time again but this was the right thing to do.

i got a text from mattia, my heart dropped as i finished reading his text.