Discovered

Kelsie heard the first shot and watched, screaming inside, as her mother tumbled to the floor. Kelsie made a dash for the door. She heard the next shot, before she felt something hot, hard and horrible, hit the top of her head deeply. She had no time to feel the pain as she ran for her life, out the door and down the road, screaming. The blood left a trail on the ground. Drip, drip drip...

                           ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Kelsie ran for her life down the road, patches of light from the flickering street lamps made her blood trail visible to all, sparkling like rubies. Tiny, flat rubys.

As if by instinct, Kelsie made a beeline for Dameon's house. Her one safe place in this hell hole.       Lights shone out of a few homes, and you could see a few over-curious people, peeking through the blinds as Kelsie ran down the street. Kelsie was no longer screaming on the out side, she was now feeling the pain of the shot in the back of her head and was screaming inside.

As Kelsie rounded the corner, she saw the ground lights of Dameon's house glowing like the sun, even though the blinds were down. Kelsie, in all her pain, saw a sash window that was pulled about half way up. She might be able to open the gap just a little more to squeeze in.

Kelsie peered in through the tiny cracks in the venitian blind. She could see something, or, someone, walking around the room. She thought she heard "I never should have left her, ever," and it sounded like Da- "Dameon, where are you it's way passed dinner. Are you in your room?" someone called.

"Yeah Mom, I am," Dameon replied.

"Well, get something decent on an come upstairs,".

Kelsie then could see that Dameon had been wearing an old shirt, flecked with holes. She watched as he carefully lifted up his shirt, to reveal a pair of thickly feathered, but seemingly delicate WINGS!!!

Kelsie gasped. Dameon turned and looked her strait in the eye.