Part Nine

Edwards pov

"None of the pack will help us, she has to be around here somewhere.." Bella paced around, "What about if we ask Dakota? Jacobs with his dad in Canada again, so he's unavailable." I said, "Do you think she will help us find our daughter?" Bella grabbed her phone, "I don't know....ask her and see." Bella held her phone out to me, I took it and called Dakota. She answers immediately and she sounded like she just woke up, "It's 9AM, what?" She asked, "Sorry to wake you up, Kota...Renesme is missing, I need your help to find her...if you want to.." I paced around and heard her sigh, "You, Edward Cullen managed to lose your own daughter?" She asked. 

"I know, I know..I'm stupid." I said with a small sigh, "I'll go and search for her, but if I can't find her...you might want to get the volturi involved, maybe they'll have an idea on where she is." Dakota suggested, "They won't help us, they'll try and take her away from us." I huffed out a bit, "Then, I suggest that you sit tight and wait until you hear from me next. I'm leaving now." She hung up. 

"She's going out to search for her." I said towards my family, "She's a saint." Rosalie said, rubbing her hands together and letting out a loud sigh. 

Dakotas pov

I searched all morning until late afternoon, walking through the forest and looking around as fast as I could in wolf form. I was about to walk further on until I heard faint cries. 

Renesmes pov

"Little girl...little half immortal and mortal...come and join us." The group of red eyes vampires said as they circled me, I felt so scared and I didn't know what to do. I was only out for a calm walk and then they came and...surrounded me, I need help! 

"Go away!" I cried out, one of them was about to make their way towards me until a growl was heard and I looked around to see Dakota walking out from the bushes, her whiteish blue eyes staring right at the man as she came closer. "....You never said those things are here, Joseph." One of the red eyes said, "I had no idea.." The one beside me said, he looked at me and said "It's okay, we'll keep you safe." He went to grab me but Dakota rushed forward and snarled, standing in front of me and glaring down at him. "I can't..believe it, it's protecting her.." He said, backing off. 

He hissed and they group attacked her, I backed away and screamed as loudly as I could. She fought her bestest, killing most of them but two wrapped their arms around her side and I heard a snap, she whimpered and stumbled but she stood strong. Forcing herself too. 

She finished the two off and looked at me, she was whimpering a lot. I ran over to her and hugged her quickly, "You're hurt...We're far from home...the wolves home is that way..they will help you, right?" I asked, she couldn't speak but I lead her to Sam and Emilys house anyway. A fast car came speeding to us, my dad and mum got out and hugged me tightly. "What're you doing here?" Sam asked loudly towards us all, I looked round to Dakota and before I could say anything, his pack ran out and eyed her down. 

A low growl was heard from Dakota, she had her head down and her ears back. My dad approached her and ran his hand over her rib cage, she whimpered and jumped away but fell down, she pushed herself back up. "Again? What did you bump into?" Bella asked, Dakota looked towards Edward, "She rescued Renesme from a group of red eyes...she killed them but two got away." Dad explained, I bit my bottom lip and teared up, "She's hurt because of me." I said, I saw Paul approach her - he rose his hand and grabbed her nose to keep her head still. 

He put his hand on her rib and felt around a bit, "It's her left side this time...She needs to go to Carlisle asap." He said, looking round to Bella and Edward. 

Dakotas pov

I looked round to Seth and Leah, they ran over and held me up, I transformed back to Human and landed on the ground, I held my hands to my chest and rolled around with a loud pained cry. "Kota!" Seth turned and took off his jacket, he put it over me before holding onto my hind head. "Get me to Carlisle...quickly.." I said through gritted teeth, he picked me up and carried me to Edwards car. "I'm coming." Leah said, she got into the back with me and Seth.