three day getaway

-by smuttythings on ao3

(this is lowkey a fivesome fanfic so skip if you aren't into that)

When they step into the cabin, Jacob looks around, pleased at the state of it. They'd rented it based on pictures online and he was worried it would be musty and filled with bugs, but it's actually quite nice. The walls are paneled with dark wood and there's a big fireplace on one wall and two big fluffy couches pointing toward it, making a V shape.

The kitchen to the left is big and stocked with new appliances and the wall straight ahead is all windows, letting the soft sunlight stream into the room.

The boys all voice their approval then move into the cabin, searching out bedrooms. There are only three and Jedidiah claims the smaller single while Marc and Jasper choose the larger room with two beds and Jacob finds Troye dropping his suitcase onto a king bed in the final room.

"Looks like we get the master bedroom, eh?" Troye says, smiling up at Jacob as he digs through his suitcase.

"Guess so," Jacob smirks, slapping Troye' bum as he walks past to look out the sliding glass door that leads out onto a small deck.

There's a bigger deck off of the main room, but this one just has enough room for one chair and a little table and, since it's on the second floor, it has a great view over the woods around them.

Jacob smiles and heads back in to find that Troye is no longer in the room, then hears the shower running in the adjoined bathroom, so he makes his way back down to the main floor, finding the other guys unpacking the amazing amount of food and drinks they've brought in the kitchen.

"Where's Tro?" Jedidiah asks, looking up when Jacob comes into the room.

They're all always sort of aware of it when Troye' not there, Jacob's noticed. He certainly is and he knows the other guys are the same, not feeling quite right if he's not around.

"Shower," Jacob explains, looking into a bag filled with liquor bottles. "Well, mates, I'm pretty sure we have enough alcohol to stay pissed off our heads for 72 hours straight."

"That's the point," Marc replies, smiling softly.

When the food is unpacked and the first drinks are poured, Troye comes bouncing into the room in trackies and a thin grey t-shirt that's sticking to his skin a bit from the leftover dampness of his shower. Jacob's eyes linger over the line of his hip where the shirt is clinging before he tears his eyes up, finding Troye' own eyes sparkling, bouncing from boy to boy.

That's when Jacob notices he's not the only one staring.

"Miss me, boys?" Troye asks in an amused tone.

Jacob chuckles lightly and Marc pushes a glass filled with vodka and orange juice toward Troye, muttering an unconvincing "you wish" before they all head into the main room, arranging themselves on the big couches. Jedidiah starts messing with the fire and, soon, it's roaring gently and Jacob leans back against the couch cushion, sighing happily. Troye plops down on his lap, the spot next to him taken by Marc and the couch across from them now filled with Jasper and Jedidiah. Jacob smiles, pulling Troye close as he tips back his drink.

Between touring and the general craziness of their lives, they needed a break, needed to get away for a bit. So, Jasper found this place online and suggested a three day retreat and not one of them voiced any dissent. They all agreed immediately, eager to get away with the only people who really knew what they were going through. Each other.