My New Step Brother is Onew From SHINee?!-3

"So, Jenny. How was your flight?" Min-ju asked as everyone sat around the dinning room table with plates of chicken chow mein and grilled beef tenderloin with ancho-jalapeno butter. Poking around the plate in front of me, having never seen food like this, and glanced up.

Long and rough. Truth was, I hated plains. I was very afraid of heights and the whole knowing I was high in the air in a machine that was known for crashing made my flight horrible, but that was embarrassing, but I wasn't going to tell them that. Instead, I smiled. "It was nice. A little long, but relaxing." Everyone smiled, but on the inside I was contradicting myself. Nice?! Yeah right! I thought I was going to break the arm rests I was squeezing them so tight out of fear!

"That's good to hear. Lis and I were so happy when you told her that you were coming out for the summer." My mom reached out and grasped his hand, which lay rested in his lap. Brushing hair behind my ear and I gave him a small smile. "We made up Jinki's old room for you to sleep in until we can finish your room." My smile faded and I shook my head.

"You shouldn't have gone through all that. I was planning on getting an apartment any way. I have money saved up from my job back home so I have enough money for about three months worth of living time in a hotel." My mom looked very proud. I took after her in the money department, always saving up when I made a decision to go somewhere. Always thinking ahead.

"How can you be sure you have enough for three months?" Jinki asked, slipping some of the tenderloin into his mouth and looking at me. I smiled at his question.

"I have three thousand dollars saved up." A smile spread across my mom and Min-ju's face. The dinner pretty much went on like this with everyone asking me questions, my mom sitting back with a warm and proud smile, and me answering them as best as I could. After dinner, I walked over to Liz and helped her with the dishes, rinsing and drying them after she washed them.

"I really am glade you're here." she said, smiling over at me. I glanced at her, then her round stomach, and smiled.

"Me too, mom." We leaned over and leaned against each other, my head on her shoulder and her on my head. I smiled. "Congratulations on the bun in the oven." I told her, earning a chuckle from the woman who had changed in the past forty-three months that we had been apart, but hadn't changed at all. Standing back up, the boys walked into the kitchen and pushed Liz away from the dish water and dishes and to the couch. I heard a couple fusses and then they returned. Jonghyun took the spot where my mother had been standing, Taemin took the towel from me, and Jinki started putting away the dishes that I had rinsed and dried. I blushed, a little overwhelmed at the moment, and glanced at all of them. Taemin smiled.

"We always have to push her from dishes." he says, noticing my confused expression. I nodded.

"And if we had been here earlier, she wouldn't have cooked." Jonghyun adds with a smile. He started washing dishes and put them in the sink in front of me. I started rinsing them and handed them to Taemin, who dried them and gave them to Jinki, who put them away. This was an efficient line of workers. Everyone doing something. I had gotten so use to doing all the cooking and cleaning when Liz left that I had often accused her of abandonment. I wanted to know why she hadn't taken from with her, but now I was thankful she hadn't taken me. My dad couldn't function once she left and for a long time I had to take care of him. If I hadn't been there, he would have starved or maybe even killed himself. "So, are you in college?" Jonghyun asked, glancing at me from the corner of his eye.

"Not yet. I decided to take a break after school and travel." He nodded. "What about you guys? Are you doing schooling while you're home?" Taemin shook his head.

"No. I'm in my last year of school, Minho just graduated, and we're all too buisy with touring and making cd's and music videos to worry about that." I nodded.