Chapter 4: Done Deal

Chapter 4

*Alexa Shiffer*

Jordan waved goodbye to me, laughing as I stormed into the cafeteria. I ignored Japera when she smiled at me, whilst queuing for her lunch, later feeling guilty for letting Jordan get to me. I plopped down at my table indignantly, where Adriana and a few of my other friends were sitting. None of them really asked any questions as I was generally pretty angry anyway. Well, accept from Adriana of course.

She sat there, opposite me, studying my face for a while. It was slightly unnerving when she did this, but I had kind of got used to it by now, however at this occasion she was eyeing me more suspiciously than usual. I knew she would be able to tell that something was up, so, too exhausted with annoyance, just waited until she had figured out exactly what I was thinking.

"Okay, spill," Adriana eventually ordered at me. It had taken her longer than I thought it would have. Routinely, the whole table turned to the person Adriana's comment was directed at. When she said something was up, something was up, and she wouldn't give up until she found what it was. There were no secrets that could be kept from her.

"Well... It's about Jordan," I muttered dismissively. I heard an, "Ooh, the guy who can't be named." I usually avoided saying his name out loud but at this moment I couldn't be bothered to take the effort to call him anything else. Not that I didn't have enough hurtful things to label him as. Or to accuse him of...

"Yes...," Adriana urged encouragingly, her eyebrows raised. I was about to spill it out, when I heard Jack Montegro and Rhys Walker sniggering over on the 'popular table'. I turned to see everyone on that table glancing over at me, whispering and chuckling. Damn. I bet Jordan had told them about us now 'dating'. Of course everyone would believe him. He was Jordan Simpson. Also, if there would be any doubt, he was a great actor. Who am I kidding?! He was casted by his parent when he was like, 9.

Oh great. Jack and Rhys were strolling up to our table. Jack was quite good looking, tall, dark, but he was overshadowed, of course, by Jordan. On the other hand, Rhys was fairly short, pale and ugly. Even so, they both had cheerleader girlfriends who were eyeing us critically.

"Hey! So you're Jordan's new super hot girlfriend right?" What!? I shot a sharp glower at Jordan who was inwardly wetting himself with hysterical laughter. As for my table, they were staring at me in disbelief and stretching to glance at Jordan.

"Oh, that," I paused as Jordan sent me a patronizing look. "Yeah, he was JOKING about that," I emphasised while leaning my head in his direction, the look washed of his face, now replaced with a expression of shock and desperation. I shot an exaggerated sweet smile at him.

No. No. No. No. Jordan was striding as confidently as he could towards our table. A few heads were turned towards us but the majority were still busy with their own business.

"Hey babe," I felt his arm curl around my left shoulder. I tried to shrug him off but he stayed put.

"Get off!" I hissed threateningly under my breath only loud enough for him to hear.

"No thanks," he replied casually back at me. I scowled.

"You guys look so cute together," Rhys said slowly and doubtfully. At this moment, Japera returned with her lunch.

"What's going on here?" she spoke the question everyone wanted to know.

"One sec," Jordan grabbed me by the arm and dragged a reluctant me out of the cafeteria.

Once we were out of view, he turned to me.

"Alexa! Come on! You have to help me."

"Go away, Jordan, and quit talking to me!"