Fuck You, Octavian

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Nico searches for Bianca, but finds something else.

BEGINNING NOTES

Word Count: 2236
Content Warning: Violence (mild), Abuse

Mentioned above, there is once small instance of physical abuse. Bloodless, not explained in graphic detail or expanded on, basically, as tame as a scene like that can get. Just letting you know.

And all the characters are owned by Rick Riordan.

Credits at the end.

Bianca mentioned before how scared I was when she went for her walk, that it was like I was afraid she'd never come home.

That's because I was.

I can't explain it, but somehow I knew. I just did. Bianca and I are different in a lot of ways, like you've probably guessed. Even with everything I felt, everything I went through, I'd never had the thought to run away. I escaped through drugs, alcohol, and acting like a total asshole. I ran from my feelings, my sexuality, and anyone who might want to try and save me. I always knew that running in real life wouldn't do a damn thing to ease my pain. I was self-destructive, but I wasn't stupid.

In the back of my head, I knew better than to trust Bianca. Why? All her problems would be solved the easiest if she disappeared. Say what you want about me, but at least I'd accepted that Mamma was dead. Bianca never got past the denial stage.

But I told myself that was stupid, I told myself that for way too long. An hour passed, and she wasn't home. I paced back and forth in the kitchen for another half-hour, making up excuses for why she was running late. Finally, I thought, she probably went to the Field of Mars to shoot some arrows. That's what she always does when she's upset.

I went to there, but Ares said she never walked in. I double-checked the range, but she wasn't there. School, I thought. There's an archery range at school.

But she wasn't there either. Maybe she left something in her locker? I reasoned. I tried the front door, and, even though it was after hours, the door was unlocked. I checked my watch--it was almost 4:30. I decided that some clubs were going on, hadn't I heard student gov had a meeting today? She went to do some spy work on Octavian, that had to be it.

I made my way to the black box theater where the freshman usually had their student gov meetings. I glanced inside... surprisingly, there actually was a meeting going on, but Bianca wasn't there. She's probably eavesdropping from the other door, I decided.

I took the long way around. That turned out to be the smartest move, because, talking near the other door was none other than Octavian and Hazel.

Wait... really?

I never told you this story, B?

No, I mean, the blackmail part, yes, but not the details or anything.

Oh. Um, get ready to get angry.

I crouched behind the corner and watched them. They looked like they were arguing, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. Then, the scumbag, that son of a bitch slapped Hazel across the face. He'd hit her. He'd hit my sister.

What the fuck?! He-- oh my god, I'm going to track down that bastard and I'm going to murder him in his sleep! How the fuck did you not kill him?

Simple. I did. Metaphorically speaking.

I forgot about the blackmail, the way he threatened Reyna, all I knew was that my sister was with a guy who hit her, and that was enough for me to sign his death warrant.