Nico di Angelo: the Italian Spiderman

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Will convinces Nico to hang out with him.

BEGINNING NOTES

Word Count: 2801
Content Warning: None

And all the characters are owned by Rick Riordan.

Credits at the end.

Are we all sitting quietly? Bianca? Will?

We are, Mr. Death Boy. Storytime!!!!

*Bianca laughs*

Will, you're so immature sometimes!

Now you sound like Nico.

Would you like me to get on with the story, or should I just go to bed, leave you two lovebirds alone?

Oh, don't start that up again.

God, I see it, I see it... I'm getting flashbacks!

You're pre-med, sunshine, you can't make those kinds of jokes anymore.

...

Okay, so, last thing, and then I am going to sleeeeeep.

I should've known something was up when Bianca started coughing.

You gotta understand, Bianca has the immune system of a god. She never, ever, ever gets sick. And when she does, it's so mild that we barely notice.

Or maybe she's just really good at faking how to be healthy to set a good example for you, since you suck at it.

Can everyone stop interrupting me?!

Now you see how it feels! So, maybe you won't do it to me next time.

I swear I'm going to scream and wake up the whole house. You, be a good kindergartener, and you, just... shut up.

So, when we get into the limo, Bianca starts coughing. By the time we get home, she's red in the face. Will does the whole "caring boyfriend" schtick, brings her to her room, blah, blah, blah. Percy's with his dad, Poseidon, so when Will gets back from Bianca's side, it's just the two of us. I offered to call Jules-Albert to take him home, but Will refused. I got ready to cuss him out; I was getting really sick of his whole "let's-be-friends" thing.

No you weren't.

But I wanted to be.

"I just need a favor," Will told me. "I'm leaving for North Carolina tomorrow morning, and I still have no idea what to get Bianca for Christmas. I can't show up at school in January without anything for my girlfriend! That's crap."

"It doesn't matter," I muttered. "We don't celebrate Christmas, anyway."

"You don't? Why not?!" he cried. He sounded, I dunno, like it was the biggest deal in the universe or something.

It is! Christmas is a beautiful holiday!

I'm going to kick you out if you don't shut the fuck up. Dick.

OMG Will please stop doing that with your eyebrows! I don't need to think about you and my brother fucking! Geez!

For the millionth time, I wanted to tell Will to get lost. But he was looking at me with those puppy dog eyes, so innocent, not an ounce of cynicism in them. Legitimately concerned... I never saw anyone look at me like that outside Bianca and, now, Hazel. My heart kinda melted. Yeah, yeah, make all the Grinch jokes you like, but something just changed. Call it the Christmas spirit.