Chapter 7: Sleepover

"So, math, huh?" Marinette said nervously.

"Wait! What the heck?! That's Ladybug's kwami! Wait, are you Ladybug?!" Chloe asked franticly.

"What?! Pfft! nO!" replied Marinette, obviously lying.

Chloe gasped, "You are!"

"Okay, I am. But please don't tell anyone? My parents don't even know." Marinette pleaded.

There was silence. Neither of them knew how long it lasted. But it was long and awkward.

"Well? Please say something." Marinette spoke.

In an instant Chloe was hugging Marinette, crying, "I am so sorry I yelled at you and went off on you. I was wrong. I never should have sided with hawkmoth and I never should have gone against you! I am so so so sorry!"

"It's okay. I forgive you. But you're not gonna tell anyone who I am..." said Marinette.

"Oh of course not. Cross my heart!" Chole told her.

"Okay, well, in that case, Tikki, Chloe. Chloe, Tikki." Marinette introduced the kwami to Chloe.

"Nice to officially meet you, Chloe," Tikki said.

"Nice to meet you, too." Chloe responded with a smile, "Wait, so have you been Ladybug this whole time?" 

"Yeah, this whole time. It's been hard, I often feel like the entirety of Paris is on my shoulders." Marinette confided in Chloe.

"I mean, I understand why." Chloe said as she sat down, "Being Ladybug is no easy task."

Marinette chuckled, "You're telling me. But anyway, enough about me. You've got homework that you need help on."

They spent the next 3 hours helping Chloe with her homework. Once they were finished, they began to gossip.

"Okay, wait, so you've been in love with Adrien since he gave you some dumb umbrella on his first day?" Chloe smiled.

"Yeah, I know. It's stupid. but I've noticed that you've been smitten for Luka since you first met him." Mari smirked.

"Smitten? Mari, you're crazy. The only person I've ever been smitten for is Adrien." Chloe lied. She knew she had it bad for the guitarist. But she's only known him for a few days.

"Trust me, I know smitten when I see it. you act exactly how I do with Adrien. You've got it bad. Not to mention he's been asking about you" Mari smirked once again.

"HE HAS?!" Chloe exclaimed. The two girls looked at each other and laughed.

It was then Marinette's mom, Sabine popped her head in the teenager's room, "Hey, girls? It's 7 o'clock. Is she staying the night?"

Mari turned her head to Chloe and raised an eyebrow, "Well? Do you want to? I wouldn't mind."

Chloe smiled, "Um...sure. Just let me text my parents and let them know."

She grabbed her phone and began to text both of her parents. She couldn't believe it. her first genuine sleepover.

Word count: 456