Chapter 5: For the First Time Ever

The class went by so much faster with Marinette sitting next to Chloe. She was pretty sure she smiled more with Marinette next to her. Chloe realized that she and Marinette had more in common than she had previously thought. Once the lunch bell rang, Chloe was quick to invite Marinette, Alya, Nino, and Adrien out to lunch. Alya and Nino were hesitant but eventually agreed with a little convincing from Adrien and Marinette.

They went to a café that was across the street from the school. Chloe insisted that she pay for everything. Everyone placed their orders and left Chloe to pay.

Alya finally spoke, "I don't know why you're bothering, girl. Do you really think you can make her nicer?"

Mari sighed, "It doesn't hurt to try. I know she regrets what went down, what she said to Ladybug and siding with Hawkmoth." They sat down at a corner booth so all five of them could sit at one table, "I also know that she wants to change. She wants to be nicer and to become a better person. And I am determined to help her accomplish that."

"I can sense it too. I know Chloe has the capacity to change." Adrien chimed in, "I can tell that after what happened she wants to change for the better and I can guarantee that Marinette can and will succeed in helping her be a better person."

Chloe walked up to the table with their orders, a wide smile plastered on her face, "Am I interrupting something?"

"Oh, um...no but Nino and I were just leaving. So you three have fun." Alya told Chloe. The two grabbed their orders from Chloe and left to go back to the school.

"I don't think she trusts me all that much," Chloe stated sadly.

"A lot of our classmates won't at first. But we know you're trying to better yourself. It'll take some time for you to gain their trust. But I'll help you gain their trust." Marinette told Chloe.

"I know. But it kinda hurts a bit, you know?" Chloe admitted.

"But we know that you're trying to better yourself as a person and who better to help you do that than Marinette!" Adrien told Chloe.

Chloe turned to Marinette, a shy smile on her face, "you'd really do that? You'd really help me become a better person?"

"Of course! Here, give me your phone." Marinette told her sternly.

Chloe looked at her confused, "Why?"

Marinette smirked, "Just lemme see it."

Chloe handed over her phone and took a sip of her Frappuccino.

Marinette typed something into Chloe's phone and then gave it back to her. Chloe looked down at her phone to see Marinette's contact info.

"Wait, seriously? You're giving me your number?" Chloe was shocked. Nobody has ever given her their contact info voluntarily.

She smiled brightly and reached her hand out for Marinette's phone and with that, they exchanged contact info. Adrien couldn't help but grin at the sight of two of his best friends getting along for the first time ever.

Word count: 512