Josiah's Admittance

" And I just wanna scream. What now? I just can't figure it out. What now? I guess I'll just wait it out (wait it out) - Rihanna, What Now

~Josiah~

I can't believe Hayleigh would leave me like this. Just betray me. Well, not betray but in some way it felt like that. Like she couldn't tolerate me. The thought made me tear up.

Ms.  ужас ( pronounced uzhas ) looked around towards me and smiled a smile that seemed to have a double meaning, like she was mocking me in a way.

"Don't worry Josiah, we'll take care of you. She obviously didn't care if she just dropped you here and couldn't wait to leave."

My eyes widened as her words registered, tears forming at the corner of my eyes. I quickly shook them away. No, Hayleigh wouldn't do that. She cares too much for me.

"I know Hayleigh. She wouldn't leave me."

"Do you want to see our cameras?"

I nodded and we came to pause in front of a door with a screen mounted at the side. It was black but then a bright red light flashed, causing me to wince and flinch away from the harshness of the light but Ms. ужас stood taller and looked straight into the middle.

The red light disappeared and the door opened. How it did, I actually don't know because the door had no handle. Maybe there were people inside.

It was confirmed when I saw people sitting in front of big screens that showed all the places in the building. When I looked closer, I saw on one screen a girl dressed in white, screaming in the corner, the sound muffled.

I tried to go closer but Ms.  ужас put a soft but firm grip on my shoulder making me stop in my tracks. She started speaking some language to the guys that were sitting and all but one screen stayed on. She turned to me and made me look at her.

"This is where you'll see her going. She doesn't care. But we do." She looked away and looked at the guys, who nodded and turned towards the controls.

The video began to rewind until it came to the part when me and Hayleigh came running through the doors.

"Stop."

The screen froze and it seemed like we were floating. For a second I thought I could hear screaming and the sound turned down. I looked around before Ms. ужас stood behind me and forced my head to look at the screen. Frowning, I did what I was asked. You could hear us through the speakers.

"I know but if it could be bigger-"

"An elephant is not bigger than this room, I know for a fact-"

"Would you at least let me finish? Man, damn! Let a man speak!"

.... Silence.....

"JOAH I WILL KILL YOU!"

"LOVE YOU TOO BOO!"

"COME BACK HERE!! YOU NEED HELP!"

"Hello. Welcome to Sweet Dreams Academy. Are you in need of help? We can do that and much more."

"Stop. Forward."

The scene began to roll forward in fast motion as the receptionist began to talk to us, me struggling by the security guards and Hayleigh's sad face was all I remembered of last seeing her -

"Stop."

The scene stopped again and I wasn't in the scene this time. It showed Hayleigh walking towards the security guard and striking up conversation with him. I unconsciously walked towards the screen and Ms. ужас snapped something at the guys sitting and the sound turned up, which I was thankful for because that meant I could hear their conversation properly.

"Do I have to say here and wait for him?"

"He won't be coming out so waiting will be a waste of time."

"But what if he needs someone to talk to? Who will he talk to when I'm not around?"

"People in this place will help him."

She scoffed. "He'll need all the help he can get."

"But even still, if he wanted to talk to , let's say you, he would've given your number to the receptionist."

"He didn't even care to! He was too busy fighting the help I wanted to give him! You know what? Leave him here. He could do with a bit of space from me."

"Don't worry we'll take care of him here."

"Good."

Her walking away was the last thing I saw before I fell down to the ground, my knees pulled up, my arms wrapping them tightly. I didn't need to see anybody who was watching me crying. It was embarrassing but it hurt when you saw your best friend practically walk away from all that you shared, had, mainly everything.

Ms. ужас crouched down to my level and pulled my knees apart gently so I could see her blurred outline through my tears.

"I told you Josiah. We can take care of you. Even better than Hayleigh did."

Her words didn't even register to me. All I could hear was the replaying "Good" that Hayleigh had said.

My heart was hurting.

She had truly left me.

And took my heart with her.