Chapter 8

By the time I left the Waffle Hut I'd pour my heart out, as usual, to Darlene and promised that I would come back more often.

Driving down route 109 I felt myself begin to tear up. I honestly don't even know way. I pulled over and turned on my hazards so I wasn't in the way an just cried. Then I just stopped and right there I started giggling. I was still crying but a soft giggle came out and that giggle slowly turned into a full blown laugh. There I was pulled over in the highway laughing at myself.

I leaned my head on the steering wheel and kept chuckling. I hadn't laughed like this in ages and I don't even know what's going on. I reached in to the glove compartment and pulled out a photo I probably haven't looked at it since I put it in there.

It was a photo of my mom and I outside the Waffle Hut at my seventh birthday. I never got over how my much we looked alike. Same dirty blonde hair that was wavy with small curls in random places, same strawberry pink pouty lips. I was a bit paler than her but we had the same puffy pink cheeks. But most of all we had the same green gold eye that glisten flakes of blue in the light and change colour based on our clothes. I used to love my eyes. I always thought that they were gorgeous and perfect, but now I can barely look in a mirror.

In the photo my mom was kneeling down so she was my height and I was wearing a little white sundress with yellow flowers along the bottom. Mom had on jeans and a nice, plain black Tshirt. I could see the reflection of Drew on the window of the restaurant and he wasn't happy.

I traced my finger over the photo. "Hi mom," I spoke quietly. "It's been awhile. I'm 19 now. I know, I've gotten so old. I miss you so much mommy. I haven't made it to your grave yet. I'm to scared. I feel like once I go it will be final. Not that it isn't already. I mean it's been 9 years now. I know your not coming back. There's no boy yet, well at least not really. I'm scared about that too. Do I let him in? I wish you were here. I... I don't think that I can do this alone."

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Hey guys. I know it been awhile. But I... yeah it's been awhile. I changed this chapter and the picture on the side is of Libby's hair. Hope you like it.