Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"How are my girls?" Becca's dad spoke as he opened his arms. I was considered his daughter and it made my heart beat flutter every time I was with my adoptive family. Six long years, I've consider Chris and Lisa my father and mother. I wasn't legally their daughter as I was already eighteen when my family disappeared. Not that papers mean anything to the Anderson's.

"I'm good daddy and so is Tay. Now that we are home everything is perfect." I watch as Chris hugs her to death. It's a sight to see. This family are hug friendly. Or the more correct word should be crazy. They freakin love giving hugs.

I wish I had that type of family growing up. Shaking the past out of my head, I give my mother a warm smile as Dalton helps me out of SUV.

"Young lady I hope you don't think you can get out of giving me a hug." The smile Chris gave me warmed my heart. He loves me like his own blooded daughter and I have only known him for six years. If I had a best dad ribbon it would go straight to him.

"Of course not Mr. Anderson. I wouldn't dream of denying you a hug," I laughed, walking towards him with my arms wide open. This man is the father I never had.

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me dad?" He gave me the look that clearly states I've lost my marbles if I believe I will get away with not calling him dad.

"I wasn't sure if you still want me to." Blinking I give him my puppy dog eyes. I knew that answer was bullshit, which is why I said it. It always gets him riled up.

"You young lady, you are in for it." My eyes go wide as his hands reached for my sides. The firm brush of his fingers work quickly, as bubbles of laughter spilled out of my lips. I've been ticklish since as far back as I can remember. Chris knows my weakness.

"Alright Chris that's enough. We want Taylor to be able to walk without getting a dizzy spell,'' Lisa laughed. "Plus its freezing outside. My hot coco is undoubtedly getting cold on the counter."

Sagging against Chris's chest, he let me catch my breath. "Your evil you know that dad. Pure evil."

Chuckling he gives me one more hug before stepping back to wrap his arms around Lisa's tiny body.

"Boy's take the girl's bags upstairs will you? Taylor's room is right across from Archer's and Jason you will be staying across from Becca," Lisa stated with a twinkle in her eyes. Please tell me she isn't up to setting the four of us up?

Archer and Jason grunt their replies and head inside, not without giving Dalton and Dean furious glowers.

There was a nagging feeling down my spine that this Christmas wasn't going to be all dandy as I first hoped it would be. Trouble was a brewing.

"Now girls, come give your mother a hug, I haven't seen you two in ages."

"Mom it's been four and a half months. That is not forever," Becca chuckled before throwing herself in her mother's arms. Becca has always been a mamma's girl.

When I was a child I was a daddy's little girl. Now, I'm Dalton's girl.

Giving Lisa a quick warm hug, I step back to stand next to Becca. Her arm automatically links with mine.

"Lisa if you don't mind, Dalton and I are going to take the girls out on the snowmobiles. If that's alright with you, that is? I promise to keep Becca from flipping it this time." Dean threw Lisa his signature smile. It worked almost all the time.

"I guess that's alright. You better not be stealing our daughters away from us every chance you get boys. We would like to see them every now and then," giggling she leaned into Chris. "Our girls are all grown up honey. Chasing after young men on snowmobiles. What shale we do?" She wiped a fake tear from her cheek.