Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The flights were short and sweet. We had a two hour layover in Minneapolis, but it gave us a chance to shove some delicious combination pizza in our starving stomachs.

I didn't have a problem flying, Becca on the other hand looked like a child on drugs. Her hands were clenching the arm rests as if the plane was going down. I had to buy her eight shots of Jose to calm her down. She made sure it was an even number.

 I'm pretty sure she was scaring the shit out people around us. At least we were in first class for our first flight. Gotta love her parents, only the best for their daughters when flying. 

When the plane landed, we were the first to get off. No one said a thing because they wanted her gone. Not sure if we will be allowed to fly with that airline again. I hope so, there are only two out of Minot.

"Don't blame me, it's not my fault I hate flying!" she slurred a tad bit. My arm wrapped under hear arm and around her back to make sure she doesn't fall on her butt, not that it would hurt her with all that fluff back there.

"I know Becca, it's your fear of dying. Now come on, I want to get out of here." Sighing I grab her hand and dragged her towards the baggage pick up. Which was right around the corner since this airport is extremely tiny.

"You want to see Archer, that's the only reason you're dragging me," she proclaimed with a whiny voice.

That stopped me in a heartbeat. Turning towards her, I get right up in her face. "Don't you ever speak to me about that jackass again, do you hear me? You know how much I hate your brother after what he did to me. Since I received this damn scar he has treated me like the dirt on the bottom of his shoe. I am a hideous, immature little girl and he can't stand the sight of me. As of right now if I never see him again, it would be too soon. I can only be glad about the fact he is now off the market and can no longer traumatize other woman." I sneered at her.

I felt my blood pressure sky rocket. That boy always brought the worst out of me. I despise how he gets under my skin, but I couldn't help it.

She knew how much I hated her brother, but she constantly talks about him. It drives me up the wall. I know they are close siblings, but that doesn't mean I want to hear all about his wedding to that whore. I still believe she is using him for his money. But by all means, marry her and watch as she uses up every single penny. Or divorces his ass and takes it all with her.

"Tay..." Becca spoke breaking me out of my day dream. "Umm...Tay..." She kept stuttering and it was getting on my nerves.

"What's wrong Becca?" I demanded with a hard voice. She always stutters when she was nervous or scared.

Instead of speaking she pointed behind me.

Groaning I turn around slowly to come face to face with the very man I didn't want to see.

The bastard known as Archer. Freaking Fantastic! He had to be standing right behind me while I yelled at my best friend about him.

Why me? Huh? What did I do to deserve to love a man like Archer Anderson? One who apparently only gave a damn about looks! The moment I'm tarnished he turned his back on me. Well screw him and his new fiancée. All I have to do is survive Christmas and then he will be back to his whore and I won't have to see him again until the wedding. That is if I decided to go. Which, I damn well know I won't. After that, never again will I have to suffer his pathetic excuse of a human being.

I'm hoping by then I will have a boyfriend and won't be bothered by Archer's presence. If I'm brave enough to go out clubbing. Or date for that matter.

"Taylor!" I hear Dalton scream as he ran at me. Instantly wrapping me up in his strong reassuring arms. Instantly I felt the anger and hatred for Archer vanish as one of my best friend embraces me. I love this man, I would do anything for him and he knows it too.

"Becca" I hear Dean yell next, but instead of hugging her like Dalton did with me; Dean took her down to the ground. That must have hurt.

The next thing I noticed was the room started to spin and that was because the man holding onto me picked me up in his arms and was spinning me around, in an airport no less. Though I couldn't help the laughs that slip out of my mouth. The twins always brought my happier side out.

"Dalton you're going to make me throw up if you keep spinning me around," I laughed, my eyes twinkling with happiness.

"That's fine with me. It's not like I would have to clean it up. I would rather you do it in here than in my SUV," he stated seriously. The twins love their SUV and will beat anyone up who hurts or destroys it in anyway. Meaning you're not allowed to eat inside it without getting it deep cleaned afterwards.

I learned that the hard way. I spilled my french fries on the carpet and Dalton nearly took my head clean off. He wouldn't forgive me until I got on my hands and knees and vacuumed the entire vehicle.

Placing me on the ground, he holds onto me just in case my body doesn't like gravity.

"I thought mom and dad were picking Jason and me up." Archer spit out. "They didn't even tell us you were flying in. When I called them, they said that something came up and they would be here within the hour. If I would have known these two idiots were going to be picking us up, I would have called a cab." Archer spoke harshly.

"That's what they told you, but we knew the twins would be picking us up. Mom knew that if she told you, then you two would flip a gasket," Becca stated matter of factly. She had to be delicate with the four of them, otherwise a fight might break out.

I on the other hand could care less.

"She was right. I don't want to be anywhere near these two idiots." If looks could kill, then both Dalton and Dean would be dead from the one Archer and Jason were giving them.

I never completely understood the anger they held for the twins. It's not like they did anything wrong.

"Toughen up Archer, you're not gonna get everything you want," Becca sneered at her brother.

Whelp, that didn't last long. When Archer and Becca fight, it's safe to say everyone ducks for cover.

"I never said I did," he hissed back at her.

Sibling love, gotta love it.

This little conversation was becoming a pissing contest and if I didn't stop it now, then fists would start to fly. Literally. I didn't want to talk to cops. Today was supposed to be a calm and peaceful day. Let them fight once we get to the house, then their parents can deal with them.

"I don't even know why you and your idiot friend are here. You told mom you couldn't afford to fly out here for Christmas because of the weddings."

Neither of the guys said a word. What Becca said got to them for some reason and I had no clue as to why. Their faces hardened with such anger I knew nothing good happened in Hawaii before their flight. Whatever caused them to come home for Christmas wasn't good. Glad I wasn't part of it and wouldn't have to deal with it. Not my business and I wasn't going to make it mine.

"Becca, the airport is no place to be talking about our personal business. Grab your damn bags and let's go." Jason sounded angry, but it wasn't towards us, more at whatever happened in Hawaii. At least that's what I told myself. 

"Come on Tay, let's go," Becca said, while grabbing my hand and walking us past the men who ripped our hearts out and stepped on them.

______________________________

#1 What could have taken place in Hawaii?

#2 Where are the fiancee's?

#3 Is there trouble in paradise? 

Hope you enjoyed it.