Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Enjoy!!!❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️

___________________________

"Taylor are you ready yet?" I hear Rebecca scream from downstairs.

"Becca, I will down in a minute," I yell to my best friend and roommate of six years.

"You have been saying that for the past twenty minutes. The cabby is going to be here any minute and if you're fat butt isn't down here when he pulls up, I'm leaving you here and you can wake up Christmas morning by yourself and in the streets," she yelled with a huff.

I could picture her tapping her foot while checking her watch. She was a 'on time' freak and didn't want to miss our cabby to the airport. She wouldn't in fact leave me behind. Without me, she would have no one to boss around.

Becca as I call her is a slight drama queen with OCD problems. She isn't a complete nut, but certain things get to her. For example time, we have to be on time for everything. I do not mean eight fifty nine or nine o' one. We have to be arriving at dinner or the movies or even the airlines at nine o'clock. That means our butts sitting down at the table at nine.

She would drive me up the wall if I didn't love her like a sister.

"Stop tapping that foot of yours. I promise I'll be down before the cabby honks his horn," I stated while throwing the last of my make-up in my luggage bag. I may be in comfortable clothes, but that doesn't mean I won't wear a little eye liner and mascara.

"If I didn't time everything out, then you would be late for your own birthday!" That girl had a set of lungs and could out yell teenage girls at a boy band concert.

Ignoring her I zip up my two bags and check my purse to make sure I had my phone, ticket, and wallet. After I find them inside with even my passport I sling it over my shoulder. Glancing around my now empty bedroom, I make sure I was leaving nothing behind. This was goodbye after all.

Grabbing a bag in each hand I lug them downstairs to an impatient green eyed, redhead. I swear this ginger has no soul when it comes to time. She will kill you in a heartbeat if you make her late for anything and I mean anything.

I once was late picking her up from the airport and well let's just say she didn't let me hear the end of it until I bought her a whole day spa treatment. It wasn't cheap.

"Finally, you took forever to finish packing," she whined.

Rolling my eyes, I shove a smirk on my face. I secretly loved pissing her off. Before I had a chance to reply to her a loud honking noise echoed outside our house. Perfect timing cabby man!

"Come on, that's our cabby and I won't miss it because of your lazy bum," she said with a smile. I knew she was messing with me, but then again, that smile could mean she was ready to kill me and was just waiting for the perfect moment.

This was us, two peas in a pod. I may be a lazy bum sometimes, but in the end her strictness leveled things out.

Walking through the front door I head towards the cabby, who had the trunk waiting open for us. Handing him my two duffel bags, I turn to slide into the back seat. Seconds later, Becca followed suit.

"Where we headed ladies?" The cabby driver asked once he slid into the driver's seat.

"San Francisco airport Sir," she stated.

"I'll get you there in a jiffy." He nodded into the rear-view mirror before shifting into drive and pulling out into traffic.

After she gave him directions her sharp eyes shifted me to. I knew that look and if I could shrink into my seat, I would. That was the look she gave me every time she wanted to talk about something serious, something she knew we both wouldn't like. Great! I wanted this Christmas to be fun and exciting.