Guerrilla Part 19

--

After a few minutes the set up is done and I asked Erin to lead VP to her chair. I also lead the President to his. I honestly don't know how the conversation will go but the family was too kind not to watch us live and left the house (or just left the living room maybe and watched us from a TV stairs, I don't know!). 

The four of us shared a few nervous laughs and stares before I decided to start the questions rolling. It was Erin who's doing the video and out of the camera (she still wants to live after this, she said). I showed first the book and told the (almost) whole story of why we got where we are in the first place. The President followed by telling us that he heard my name wrong.

"Benny pala, kala ko Leni, kaya ganyan message ko ma'am," He told us, VP and I, pointing to us his message shyly. The VP laughed.

"Ako nanaman nasa isip mo, sir," she said and we could not help but laugh at her statement. Even the President laughed.

"Medyo magkatunog naman yung Benny at Leni ma'am," I tell her but she doesn't look impressed.

"Bakit, magkatunog din naman yung Benny at Honey ah," She suddenly blurted out that Erin and I laughed loudly. 

"Sino yung Honey?" The President asked her between our fits of laughter. 

"Sa akin mo pa tinanong," She retorted. 

"Wala akong kilalang Honey ma'am," The President tells her, his face serious that we could not help but laugh again. 

"Si President, yung hitsura parang nag-eexplain sa asawa na wala siyang kilalang ibang babae," I tell them between another round of laughter.

"Totoo man, si Leni talaga unang naisip ko," He tells us and we had to stop ourselves from laughing again. The VP is smiling.

"E bakit, Know Your Enemy yung message mo sa kanya. Magkaaway ba talaga kayo?" I ask the both of them. 

They did not answer the question right away that Erin still had time to laugh. 

"Wala pa ngang sagot, tawa na agad yung kasama mo, ma'am," The President commented to me. 

"E kasi naman, oo o hindi lang, di pa makasagot."

"Ako ang alam ko, hindi. Ewan ko lang sa alam ni Presidente," The VP suddenly remarked. 

"Look, Leni, I am not an enemy," The President replied to her that I was not able to speak anymore. "But if the people think we are enemies, e, wala tayong magawa dun."

"Why would you put it in a book thinking of the VP, etong message na ito, e siya naman magbabasa nito, di naman ibang tao?" I ask the President. 

"Siya iniisip ko kaso ikaw nakita ko," He said as an alibi. The VP and I laughed in unison. 

"Ibang Leni ka daw kasi," The VP told me and we laughed again. 

"Ah so kung ikaw na Leni to Ma'am," I tell the VP, ignoring the President beside me, "Siguro, Love Your Enemy ang mensahe niya dito."

I heard the President laugh beside me. 

--