Parent Trap (Part 4)

Sunday, August 26, 2018

"Mr. President," Mama greeted him as he slowly approached us. I am sure she's as surprised as I am.

And it seems, as he is.

"Ma'am Leni," he bowed to her as he neared us. "Nabisita kayo,"

"Yes sir, um, si Tricia po pala, pangalawa ko."

He bowed to me and offered his hand. I took it and smiled. "Mr. President,"

"Ma'am," He smiled. "Upo po kayo, have you met Veronica?"

Veronica came back with the pomelo. "Who do you think would open the door for them?" she spat to him.

"My youngest." The President held her arm and kissed her cheek.

"This is sweet," Veronica remarked as she offered me the fruit, and then mama. She sat on his father's lap.

Ibang Eagle ata yung dapat ka-meeting ng nanay ko. Parang nakikipiyesta lang kami sa kapitbahay sa mga nangyayari.

"Salamat. Happy Fiesta po pala,"

"Salamat, Ma'am, kakatapos lang, pero meron padin mga pagkain dito," He looked to his daughter. "Prepare something for them, pasalubong ba," Veronica nodded as she left to the kitchen again.

"Um sir, I was told you're requesting a meeting. Um," Mama said as she checked her phone. She's stuttering. "Um, sinama ko na yung anak ko kasi yung 2 nasa NY eh, ngayon lang ulit kami nagkita dahil sa clerkship niya," she smiled as she held my arm. I smiled.

"Hope you don't mind me coming sir," I told the President.

He blinked.

Silence.

"No, I don't mind you coming here, really. But," he looked at himself. "I do not know that I gave an order to meet you," He called his PSG for his cell phone. "Paki-dial nga si Delfin," He looked a bit pissed.

Oh, so apparently The Meeting is arranged by the people around them. This is insane.

"Delfin, good afternoon. Leni is here, there's supposed to be a meeting?"

We just looked at the President.

His expression did not change and he's just nodding.

"Ok, sige, sige. Salamat," he hung up. He looked at us as he chuckled. He looked at me.

"I'm sorry you have to give up your bonding time for this shit," He started. "Sometimes, I do not know who the President is anymore as people order me around," We laughed.

"Well, since you're here, um, there are still a few hours before tomorrow, maybe you can have a tour or something to relax,"

"Naku sir, ok lang po." Mama suddenly said.

I am so confused by everything's that's happening but hell yeah I want to tour and relax wherever.

--