Chapter Twenty-Four

"No! I want to listen to Arctic Monkeys!" I whined and pouted.

"But I don't!" Neil argued back.

"But why not!?" I groaned while Margaret, her dad and Xavier watched us amused, but of course, Xavier was just glancing since he was driving.

Neil has been bugging me since we left from the airport. We have been arguing about listening to the Arctic Monkeys since. I just wanted to murder him now. How can somebody not want to listen to Arctic Monkeys?

"Because I hate them." He scoffed.

I turned around rapidly, accidentally hitting Xavier with my elbow but I didn't really care right now. I gasped dramatically and glared at Neil while Margaret and Xavier chuckled. I still couldn't believe that he didn't like Arctic Monkeys. I almost wanted to cry. Okay, maybe not, but you get the point.

"But—

"No Arctic Monkeys!" Neil rooted.

"Crawling back to you. Ever thought of calling when you had a few? Cause I always do. Maybe I'm too, busy being yours to fall for somebody new." I started singing.

"Shut up!" Neil yelled covering his ears.

"You shut up!" I glared at my stupid cousin and continued singing.

The whole way to Margaret's home was full of jokes to annoy Neil. Xavier would occasionally join me and Neil would act like he was getting a heart or asthma attack. We couldn't stop laughing that we just decided to bring them home with us and then drop them after a few hours.

"So that means more Monkeys?" Neil groaned.

"Arctic Monkeys." I corrected and glared at him. "And no. That means Ed Sheeran." I grinned.

"No!" Neil stretched the word dramatically, with his hand on his chest.

I giggled as Xavier hit the gas pedal once the traffic light turned green.

---

"Who is your favorite singer?" I asked Margaret.

The two of us were in Xavier and I's room and the other three, along with Mr. Rodriguez went to buy some food. They asked us if we wanted to go, but we denied. Xavier and Neil wanted us to go and they even pouted, but they gave up when we refused.

"Don't hate me for this but... I love One Direction." She smiled sheepishly.

I wanted to scowl but then I realized that she can bare me so I nodded. "I hate One Direction, no offense, but I really don't like them. And no, I have no problem with you liking them."

Before I could say anything, Ryan's cute voice came from downstairs. "Mommy, I'm home!" He yelled.

I grinned widely, almost forgetting that Margaret is even there and ran downstairs. I saw him silently sitting on the couch looking around, shaking his legs. He ran towards me when he saw me.

"Hi baby!" I hugged him.

"Hi mommy!" He squealed.

"You have a kid?" Margaret asked.

I nodded, got up and placed Ryan on my hips. "Yeah. But he's adopted." I kissed his cheek and Margaret nodded, not knowing what to say.

"I was away for just a few weeks and you already have a four year old kid!?" Neil yelled from behind us, making us turn around. "How the holy fuck did you make a four year old kid that fast!? Oh god! Are you some sort of--

Xavier kicked him to stop his rambling. "You know, for a boy you pretty much talk a lot, and yes, he is our kid. But he's adopted." Xavier said and Neil nodded.