Chapter One

The doorbell rang, making me groan. I left the dishes that I was doing, and went to open the door. Sarina squealed and hugged me tightly. I stood there shocked and completely frozen.

She just came and hugged me as if nothing ever happened between us. As if, she never did anything to me. As if, she never hated me.

"Don't get too excited. I just hugged you to show my friends that came over that we are the perfect family. And don't you dare screwing everything up." she whispered in my ear as her nails dug into the skin of my lower back.

I gasped and nodded reluctantly. She pulled away and smirked at me. Even though I am older than she is, she still bosses me around and I obey like a little puppy.

To be honest, I never liked my twin. We are the solid opposite of each other. She is all bitchy, classy, arrogant, while I am just quiet. Sarina always gets the guy, while I just watch as they kiss and all. In addition, I am just in the corner like, forever alone.

Moreover, when I finally got the guy, he left me and went with Sarina. He slept with her, not even caring about how I will feel.

---

It was Valentine's Day, and I decided that I would buy my first boyfriend, Aidan, a gift to show him how much I like him. I take in that I may be falling for this person.

We have been together for three months now and everything is going perfect. I wake up every day with a white rose on my bedside table with a note that says 'good morning, beautiful.' It never gets old.

I bought him a bracelet of pure gold and smiled at the design. I am so happy that I finally have someone who likes me instead of my twin, Sarina. It feels good to feel liked by someone who means a lot to you.

I got into my car and put the key onto the ignition. The car roared to life and I backed up from the shop's parking lot. I turned on the radio and hummed along.

I was happy today, because I was going to see Aidan after one week. He returned from Oklahoma yesterday and I missed him a lot.

I pulled over and walked to the front door. To my surprise, the door was already open and I entered the house. When I reached the living room, looking for Aidan, I heard faint noises coming from upstairs.

I took a deep breath and walked the stairs up slowly. The noises started to get louder as I walked down the hallway. I stopped in front of Aidan's room where the noises were coming from. I heard moans, groans, and curses.

My breath caught my throat. I could not breathe. I tried taking a deep breath and hoped that it wasn't Aidan in that room.

I took a deep breath again and gathered up the courage to open the door. I placed my hand on the handle and slowly opened the door.

I closed my eyes, assuring myself that it's not Aidan in the room. When the door opened completely, I reluctantly opened my eyes and gasped. I saw a very naked Aidan on a very naked Sarina.

Tears started to build up in my eyes and I released a sob. I heard Aidan laugh lowly and my eyes met his. He put on some boxers, while Sarina wore one of his oversized T-shirts. Sarina smirked at me with her arms crossed over her chest.

Aidan was laughing evilly while looking at Sarina. They were acting as if everything was a joke. The bracelet fell out of my hand and I collapsed to the ground. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My very own boyfriend, who I started falling for, cheated on me with my own twin.

For a moment, I thought that I had someone who liked me, but once again, my faith and destiny deceived me. For a moment, I thought that I wasn't alone anymore, but now all my dreams shattered into such little pieces, that it was impossible to repair. My heart was completely broken and my mind stopped working.

I couldn't think straight. Suddenly everything started to shrink. The atmosphere around me became thick and the room grew smaller. My chest tightened. I started to gasp for air.

All I remember is Aidan and Sarina's laughing faces before blacking out.

---

I went into my room after introducing myself as the 'perfect' twin to Sarina's friends. I hated to do this every time her bimbo friends come over. I don't know why my mother likes Sarina more than me, but I sure as hell know that I'm much better than she is.

I locked my bedroom door and sat on the ground in the middle of my room. I crossed my legs over each other and sighed. I lay on my back on the floor and stared the ceiling, wondering how fucked up my life is.

After suffering so much, I have realized something. That no matter how much I try. No one is ever going to like me. I will always be alone, no matter how much I try.

I blinked and a tear fell of the corner of my eyes. It would be much better if my mother would have just aborted me, but then again, she would have lost Sarina. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, but I quickly opened again when I saw the same guy's face of this morning in front of me.

He seemed to be handsome, but I was just too mad to get a good look at the guy. Besides, it's not that I'm going to see him again. Moreover, even if I do, I won't stand a chance with him when Sarina is around. Why am I even thinking about him?

I can't believe that someone could have a life like this, when I didn't even do anything bad ever. I can't understand why people hate me so much. That obviously makes me hate people even more.

Since I was little, I wished that my father would once read me a bedtime story. That he would grab my finger and teach me walk; that my mother would be there for me during my first heartbreak. That my twin would once call me the best friend she ever had. However, according to my life, I'm not supposed to be happy. I can't be happy. I can't remember the day when I actually smiled for real. All the smiles are pretended. Everything is pretended. Every damn thing is a hoax.

I don't want anyone to love me. I don't need anyone. I'm better off alone. I'm happier like this. I need no one. Moreover, no one needs me. I'm just a pain in the ass. The world is better off without me. I'm happier alone.

I don't need anyone.

A knock on the door -more like bang on the door- startled me. I got up and unlocked the door. When I opened the door, I saw my mother standing there, smiling at me. However, it was a forced one.

"Hadley, I want you to dress up tomorrow, because my boss and his son are coming over for dinner tomorrow. I want you and your twin on your best behaviors. This is for the sake of my job." she said sternly, slightly telling me to agree or else.

I swallowed and glanced at my hands, then at my mother. It was for the sake of her job. She really loves her job. I can do anything for her as long as it makes her happy.

"Okay, sure. What time are they coming over?" I asked and she smiled.

"Now that's a good girl. They're coming tomorrow at seven. So be ready and behave." she pointed at me. I nodded. What am I? Seventeen?

She nodded and walked away. I closed the door and leaned against it. I'm not used to talking to people. I don't know how to be around them. Hell, I don't even know them. However, I have to do this for my mother.

She has her hopes on me and Sarina and I just can't ruin everything for her. I know how much this job means to her. Working is the only thing that makes her feel better and I will do my best not to screw up.

I groaned. I don't want to do this. I don't want to go out there and talk to those people. I don't. I just want to dig a hole, curl up into a ball, and bury myself.

I sighed and sat on my bed with my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands. I looked around my room, which had almost nothing. Only the stuff that was necessary.

My room contained a one-person bed, a closet, a bathroom, and a window without curtains. My room was the ugliest part of the house, but still it means a lot to me. My room looked... Empty... Just like me. I got up and went to take a shower and then a nap.