Chapter Ten

I looked at my mother with a scowl. How can she do that!? This woman is insane! I hate her. I really hate her. I glared at her as she smiled innocently at me from across the table. She officially is the worst mother ever.

How can you cook something both of your daughters are allergic to!? Sarina and I were in our room when our mother called us for dinner. For the first time since we were born.

I know. I always said that my mother likes Sarina even more, but for the past week that I have known Sarina, I also found out that my mother treats her the same way she treats me. The only difference is that she fixed my marriage to someone I don't know.

I huffed and got up with a recorded speed, making the chair I was sitting on fall on the floor. My mother smirked at me and I did the most surprising thing a child has ever done to her parents. I took Sarina's hand in mine; making her stand up as I looked back at my mother. I smirked at her. Two can play at this game.

"You really are a great parent for remembering what we are allergic to. So the award of the best parent goes to..." Sarina started with the background music. "The bitch in front of me." I gave her a flat look and walked away, dragging Sarina along.

I'm done with all this. I really am not going to act like a good kid, while they just don't even care about any of the two of us. I'm glad Sarina decided to move in to an apartment after I'm gone.

I dragged Sarina to the car and she silently sat down in the passenger seat. I smiled at myself and sat in the driver's seat. Sarina didn't ask me anything. She just grinned from ear to ear while I drove to a place, where she definitely knew about.

I love how Sarina respects me a lot now. She treats me like her big sister, which I actually am. I love her. She has been handling all the wedding stuff and decorations so well. There is no lack in any of the things needed for the wedding.

Sarina squealed when she saw me parking on the side of the road next to the park we used to hang out when we were little. Yeah, back when we weren't enemies. We jumped out of the car and Sarina put her hand in mine.

"That was awesome." she said after a long silence. I grinned and giggled.

"I know that. I don't really know how all that happened." I admitted.

I wasn't lying. I really don't know what happened back there, but I sure know that it was something I would have never done if it weren't for Sarina being by my side and supporting me.

The wedding is after two days and I don't know if I'm ready for all this just yet. Even thinking about the marriage makes me think about Xavier. Of his beautiful face and his handsome features. I would be lying if I said that I'm not attracted to him, because I actually am.

He doesn't have to do anything, the way he's sweet and caring is enough to make a girl drool over him. He may think that I'm playing hard to get, but really, I am not. I just don't want to get hurt anymore, because me suffering for twenty-one years was enough already. 

Therefore, for special people like you, God made you a special angel, who will love you, and only you.

Grandma's words came into my head all of a sudden. What if Xavier is my special angel who will love me and me alone? However, what if it's just another misunderstanding just like it happened with Aidan?

Aidan...

I felt sad when I thought about him. I never wished that something like that would ever happen to me. I thought he really loved me and it hurts how he did all of that just to sleep with my twin sister, and that's not all, I never imagined that he left her afterwards and turned her into this. I so wanted to slap that ugly thing. Xavier is so much better than Aidan is.