Chapter Twelve

I glanced at Xavier and smiled slyly. We had a great time together and not to say that it was really sweet of him. We had dinner, played a bunch of games and acted like little kids for a moment. And now? We are now sitting on the roof of his car, watching the stars silently.

I never knew that Xavier Rodriguez would have a side like this. I like his sweet and playful side. He's better this way. But the question of why Xavier asked me out instead of Sarina confused me a little. I wanted to know why he liked me more. Something like that never happened before. It was always Sarina. It has always been Sarina. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't jealous of the things she has and I don't.

"Hey, Xavier." I called his name.

He hummed, turned his head to me, and smiled. I smiled at how adorable he looked with all the stars above our heads.

"Did you know that this is the first time I'm seeing the stars like this?" I said and he frowned a bit. He stuck out his bottom lip, looking a bit creepy in the dark. But I hope he doesn't look like this normally.

"What do you mean like this?" he asked.

I smiled and looked at the stars again. "I never looked at the stars so admiringly. I would always look at the sky and curse. I never watched them and I never caught their beauty." I smiled.

"You're kidding me, aren't you." he said, not hiding the surprise in his voice. I giggled and nodded.

"How many things haven't you done in your life yet?" he asked after a long silence.

His question caught me off guard. I frowned when I thought about his question. I haven't done a lot of things in my life yet. I still have a lot to do, which I think I won't.

I wanted to laugh at my bad luck. I'm so unlucky, that I haven't even seen the sunset yet. You got that right. I have never seen sunset in my life. Feel free to laugh at me. So, I guess that that is enough to convince you that my life is a full hot mess.

"There are a lot of things, Xavier." I said and he shook his head smiling.

He sat up and frowned even more. I wanted to laugh even harder now, because his face looked so adorable now, that all I wanted to do now was kiss him senseless.

I pinched myself when I realized that I was thinking things I shouldn't be thinking about again. It was so frustrating how I kept on thinking things like that about Xavier. It was not normal. I don't know him, why do I feel so much for him then? No, its just me being paranoid. I don't care about Xavier.

It sounded like I was convincing myself that I don't like him. I keep saying I don't like him, but a small part of myself keeps telling me that that is not true. That I may start liking Xavier more than my liking.

"Hadley?" he called my name and I hummed in return, liking the way my name rolled off his tongue.

I turned my head to the stars trying to avoid the intense stare I was earning right now.

"What is that scar on your face? You also have a lot of them on your arms and scars of cutting on your wrist." he said making me freeze.

I slowly turned my head to his direction and gulped when I saw his face. He was looking kind of angry but in a creepy sort of way. You wouldn't want to see or be around him when he's angry. It looks like he will chop my head off anytime.

His gaze was so intense that it was silently telling me that I might get in trouble if I lie. I wouldn't be able to lie even if I wanted to. He just looked so creepy. He had some sort of vibe that will scare you so easily. Even that day when he asked me about my red cheek. If it wasn't for Mr. Rodriguez being there, he would've found out what happened no matter what.