Chapter Seventeen

I groaned and buried my face further into the pillow. It's like so early and Xavier is saying my name to wake me up. The problem is not that he's waking me up so early, well it is, but the main problem is, that he also just woke up, and he saying my name in his sleepy voice is so damn sexy!

"Go back to sleep, Xavier." I groaned and rolled over with the pillow on my face.

I heard Xavier chuckle. The next thing I know that the pillow gets off my face before I get attacked by a vicious, evil and sexy looking beast who just woke up in the morning.

"Please... Stop..." I said between all the giggles.

Xavier chuckled and continued tickling. "I'm up!" I gave in. He stopped and smirked.

That's when I realized in what position we were. I was lying on my back and Xavier sat on top of me, resting all his weight on his knees. His face was so close to mine, that I could feel his minty breath against the sensitive skin of my neck, leaving that tingly feeling behind.

His green eyes connected with my blue ones. It almost felt like he could stare into my soul. As if, he could see right through me. The way he stared at me felt like a hypnotizing gaze that was so hard to resist. His eyes held so much emotion, which made it hard for me to breathe. Xavier with a shirtless upper body was hot, but now his intense stare felt different. It felt as if he was looking at the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life, and that's exactly how I felt.

His hand made its way to my cheek and he once again released a breath. Even I was breathless. My world froze when his hand connected with my cheek. His hand felt soft against the sensitive skin of my cheek. His hands made its way to my hair, leaving trails of sparks behind. His face came closer and our lips were about to connect, but then...

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry!" I heard Mr. Rodriguez.

Xavier jumped off me and fell on the floor with a thud. I would have laughed if I weren't embarrassed. I felt myself blushing and I threw myself backwards, landing my head on the soft pillow.

I peeked at Xavier and saw a light shade of pink forming on his cheek, while Mr. Rodriguez grinned at him. I wanted to groan. I can't believe that just happened. I almost kissed Xavier. I almost kissed him!

We almost kissed!

I am overreacting. 

I never thought that I would start to like Xavier like this. I know he asked me out before we got married, but I was scared. I didn't want to get hurt again. However, I'm not scared anymore. I'm happy with Xavier. He's so close to me and I highly doubt that he will cheat on after we got married –especially when he never really looked at any girl like that.

"I'm sorry there." Mr. Rodriguez chuckled sheepishly.

"No, Dad. I-it's fine." I chuckled nervously while Xavier scratched the back of his head embarrassingly. I looked back at Mr. Rodriguez. "Is there something you need?" I frowned.

He gaped as he just remembered what he was about to say. "Oh, yes, yes. I wanted to tell you guys that you guys are going to Hawaii for your honeymoon instead of Australia. Because I just remembered that we have some of our clients there and I don't want Xavier to get busy with all the work again. I want him to have some fun at least once in his life!" he said and Xavier glared at his father, making me chuckle.

He turned to walk away but gave us one last glance before walking away. "And don't forget to lock the door next time." he winked at Xavier before walking away.

Xavier groaned and Mr. Rodriguez chuckled and walked away. I blushed and hid my face behind my blanket as I threw myself backwards once again. I felt the bed dip next to me and I felt a hand wrap around my waist. I yelped in surprise and jumped a bit. I heard Xavier chuckle huskily which just turned me on even more.