Chapter 18

Both bot's and children's eyes and optics were wide when Smokescreen's optics opened again and he turned his helm to them. He was looking at them for a while but then they closed again. Ratchet was not sure if Smokescreen even knew he was awake or if it was just some state of his coma. But when he noticed the young Autobot reacting to the bright light he knew Smokescreen was up even for a little while but he was awake. The old medic came to his side and on his spark monitor he noticed there is a change in his spark beat. It became faster.

Ratchet let out a sigh of relief when he saw that. He was happy the young but wasn't going to die at least not now. When he decided to give him a small Energon plasma just for live support, the young bot's optics opened again. He tried to sit up but the medic stopped him. „Ep! Ep! Not sitting up young bot." he said quickly putting servos on his shoulder to stop him. Smokescreen looked at him with a confused look and raised one of his optic bridges. Ratchet pressed more on the rookie's shoulder plates and then he finally laid back down. His optics were scanning the medic carefully. When he lost interest in him he turned his head towards the others.

*Ratch! I need to...* Bumblebee called entering the room but freezing in the door frame. Smokescreen looked at him.

Bumblebee smiled widely under his mask. *Welcome back, Smokes.* he said. The younger bot smiled weakly and slowly blinked once before his optics fell on three children standing next to the yellow bot. „Hey, buddy. We missed you." Jack said smiling warmly. „We were afraid you left us," Raf added. „Yeah! You scared the hell out of all of us!" Miko yelled trying to avoid tears of happiness. Smokescreen smiled wider and shook his head. „What? Have you lost your voice?" Jack asked. „He needs rest, Jack. He can't speak right after he wakes up from a coma. He still isn't fully recovered yet. He will need a good week to come back to his old self." the medic explained. Children's faces became sad Autobots indeed have different anatomy.

Smokescreen tried once more to sit up again only to get again pushed down by Ratchet. He groaned weakly as he lay down. Ratchet looked at him with concern in his optics. Young Autobot had a painful look written all over his face plates and his right servo was pressed against his chassis where his spark was. The old medic realized it hurt him more than it should. He carefully took his servo and laid it down next to his body. The rookie was resisting but he soon gave up and only vented painfully gripping the berth as much as he could.

Ratchet carefully opened his chest plates and saw his spark with a slight crack but it was there when the surgery ended. He didn't know what was causing him such pain. It was strange to him. He took a closer look but the sudden wave of pain made Smokescreen move and as quickly as he could he pushed the medic away and sat up quickly while he pressed both of his servos to his now closed chest plates. He held tight onto his chassis and his optics were shut as much as possible. Bumblebee rushed to his side to try to help him somehow but the younger bot pushed him away just like he did to Ratchet.

„Smokescreen, what's going on?!" children shouted at the same time terrified. But as suddenly the pain came as suddenly it left and exhausted Smokescreen fell back on the berth with a quiet grunt of pain. The medic was right by his side trying to figure out what happened and gasped. „By the All Spark!" Bumblebee reacted to this with a shocked expression and a quick roll of his optics. Smokescreen's optics were still painfully shut but it was obvious it didn't hurt him as much as earlier. „Clean the room!" Ratchet yelled urgently and Bumblebee quickly took the children out. He then came back in case the medic needs his help. 

 „Get Optimus!" Ratchet yelled. Bumblebee nodded and rushed as fast as he could to find his leader. He found him at the bridge by the computers. *Optimus!* scout yelled. Optimus turned to him with a confused look on his face. „What's wrong, Bumblebee?" he asked calmly. *No time for that,* Bumblebee said breathless. *Ratchet need your help!* he yelled when he got some air in his wents. Optimus' optics widened in shock and concern. He nodded and ran behind Bumblebee who was leading him to Ratchet.

Optimus almost gasped when he saw the scene in front of him. Ratchet tried to keep Smokescreen down on the berth while the rookie fought him and seem to be in pain. Optimus ran to the medic's side. „Optimus, I need you to hold him down until I can give him something to calm him down!" the medic yelled frustrated. The leader nodded and grabbed Smokescreen's shoulder plates and held him down. His own spark hurt when he saw streams of coolant rolling down the rookie's face plates. Young Autobot's pain was unbearable and no one could imagine how it hurt him. Optimus held his youngest Autobot down as much as he could but Smokescreen's pain made him fight harder and even the Prime had problems keeping him down.

A while later Smokescreen started to calm down until he fell into a stasis. When Optimus was sure the young bot won't fight anymore he let go and turned to his friend. „What happened?" he asked worriedly. Ratchet sighed. „I honestly don't know but that crack on his spark hurts him abnormally much. I have to do another surgery on him and try to repair it." the medic replied rubbing his face plates frustrated. Optimus put a palm on his shoulder plate. „We both know it's a permanent wound but I know you will do what you can, old friend," he said and the medic nodded. „I'll do it right now. Can you go look if Silence is up? I am busy a bit and I don't have much time." he said and the leader just nodded and left.

Optimus went to look at the wounded Wrecker and he met him when he was leaving his room. „How are you feeling, Silence?" Optimus asked. Silence blinked a few times. „Ratchet is a wizard. The new optic works great," he replied smiling a bit. „That's good to hear, old friend." the leader replied and put a servo on his shoulder plate. Silence hung down his helm a bit. „How is Smokes?" he asked almost afraid to ask. Optimus sighed. „He woke up but the pain in his injured spark hurt him more than it's supposed to and Ratchet is doing surgery on him now," he said. Silence nodded. „Thank you. I'll go see the others," he replied and left. Optimus watched behind him for a while and sighed. The Decepticon he wanted to kill was dead now but there were other problems.

Silence walked to the others and immiadetly got hugged by his Wrecker friends he laughed when Bulkhead hugged him almost smashing his chassis but he didn't mind he was happy his friends were safe from his brother. All three Wreckers laughed together. Wheeljack and Bulkhead were happy their friend was happier now. Earlier they found Supreme's body and make sure he won't get up and they buried him in an old mine in a different tunnel so no one could find him easily. Not even dark Energon could bring him back to living now. And at the end, Wheeljack blew up the mine.

„I can see, you're feeling better. Huh, Si?" Silence heard the only femme say. He turned to her and smiled warmly. „I am, you know I am still worried for my younger brother but I am happy... he... won't be dangerous for any of you ever again." he replied for a while stopping in his warm smile when he mentioned ‚him'. „We are glad you make it out alive." Bumblebee teased playfully. „He would need more to get rid of me." Silence chuckled.